• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler stocks OK for a lefty?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m thinking seriously of ordering one of Kibler’s Woods Runner kits, but I’m wondering whether it’ll be compatible with a left handed shooter. I can deal with having the lock in front of my face, but my concern is is 3/16” cast off in the stock. Will this make it tough for a lefty to properly align the sights?

Any first hand experience from left handed shooters with Kibler rifles?

Thanks

Same situation as Patrick; had to switch to left due to right eye issues. From my competitive shotgun days 3/16" cast in either direction is not very much over a 13" - 14" stock. Decided to take the leap last week and ordered a Colonial w/o a patch box. Hopefully we'll find out in the near future. Thanks for the feedback above.

You guys that shoot a right-handed gun, left handed…have my respect.
We never see the pan flash ... or at least one shouldn't ... provided all their focus is properly on that front sight blade!

I'm building a RH's Colonial kit now for a friend and it cheeks perfectly fine for me as a lefty, although I haven't shot it yet. It's shootable as is, but still am fnishing it up.

It should do fine left-handed. It will feel fine left-handed. It will be comfortable...comfortable as a 97 Winchester or M1.

Now, shoulder it right-handed. Instead of fine or OK, it will feel marvelous. Instead of comfortable, it will feel bespoke right-handed.
That's the difference.

So, are you obligated in some way that you have to get a Woodsrunner?
I believe that's the question the OP was asking, same here, I would like a Woodsrunner too. Shooting a right hand gun left hand doesn't bother me, I have been shooting that way all my life. Although I am semi ambidextrous in most things, I just feel more comfortable shooting left hand. Uncle Sam didn't have any left hand rifles back in 77 (and still don't) when I joined the USMC, just glad they let me shoot left handed and I always qualified expert. Does anyone have a problem with a side by side flintlock or percussion shotgun? I'm more than likely going to buy one of the Pedersoli flint doubles before I buy anything else, but a Woodsrunner is on my list eventually.

Personally, if I'm going to drop that kind of coin on a rifle kit, I'm going to get something that fits me perfectly, or as close as I can get. I don't mind putting in a little extra work to get there. Now, if I was doing some hard core reenacting and needed to be as correct as possible, I'd deal with it, but I'm not and shooting a left handed gun is one of those compromises I'm willing to make.

Ok, idk who here is r or ĺ handed.
But ,i also have always shot a right handed gun. I have tried lefty could not hit a broad side of a barn! And now ive lost my right eye by stroke. Im left handed eyed and footed.
Now the crux,when a put my left cheek on the right side then face the gun (the way it was meant to be shot)
Throw out any cast off,for the sake of argument. My eye NATURALLY
IS LOOKING right down the sights and barrel. That being said do warever floats yer dang boat!
And if your right handed plz for the love of the most high! Shut yerpiehole.

I shoot left handed and have shot right handed guns all of my life, I did acquire a couple left handed 870's several years ago, but seldom shoot shot guns anymore.

I made up my mind a few years ago that if I was buying or building that I'd do lefty's. Last year I built two left handed centerfires and this year I built a left handed .40 caliber Virginia percussion rifle. I have a left handed flintlock that is doing nothing so I'm contemplating building another lefty.

I'm sure Kibler makes some fine kits, but for whatever reason he excludes us lefties. My advice would be to build yourself a lefty, no point in settling for a right handed gun.

I shoot left handed all but one of my rifles and smoothbores are right handed. I only have one lefty Investarms Hawken. Two of them are flinters I just shoot them anyway. Never bothered me.

Mwal

What's wrong with this picture?
1671077069469.png

Latest posts

Back