• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

KIBLER SMR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite the media overhyped snow storm my SMR made it to me! .40 Curly Ash.

Attachments

• SMR1.jpg
    SMR1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 0
Mine is showing out for delivery today. I'm going to have to get my wife and daughter to bring it in the door. I'm 8 days out of total knee replacement. It will be a while before I'll start working on mine.

I was taught after my left knee replacement on stairs up with the right leg and down with the left. I had good aftercare as far as movement. They had me working the knee after the first day. Do stuff, just do it slow and easy.

I was taught after my left knee replacement on stairs up with the right leg and down with the left. I had good aftercare as far as movement. They had me working the knee after the first day. Do stuff, just do it slow and easy.

Yeah I made huge progress after surgery. Normally they like to see 90 degrees of bend at 2 weeks. I'm well ahead of that at 113 degrees. I've been pushing the pt hard as much as possible. I was up and walking doing stairs right out of surgery.
Congrats. You'll enjoy building that. What brand is the barrel?

It's a 40 cal

Yeah I made huge progress after surgery. Normally they like to see 90 degrees of bend at 2 weeks. I'm well ahead of that at 113 degrees. I've been pushing the pt hard as much as possible. I was up and walking doing stairs right out of surgery.

It's a 40 cal
I saw that in an earlier post. I was curious as to who made the barrel. Are there any stampings to indicate the manufacturer?

Let the build begin! Finally recovered enough from knee replacement to where I'm feeling pretty darn good, so today LET THE BUILD BEGIN! Started about 1:30 this afternoon barrel dropped right in with no issues. Trigger dropped in with no issues. Lock required about 3 minutes of inletting and fit perfect. Lock bolt bolster fit no issues. Had to stop there as I needed to order the drill bits to drill and for the lock bolt. Total time spent 1 hour and 15 minutes.
20230416_154723.jpg
20230416_154802.jpg
20230416_154732.jpg

Let the build begin! Finally recovered enough from knee replacement to where I'm feeling pretty darn good, so today LET THE BUILD BEGIN! Started about 1:30 this afternoon barrel dropped right in with no issues. Trigger dropped in with no issues. Lock required about 3 minutes of inletting and fit perfect. Lock bolt bolster fit no issues. Had to stop there as I needed to order the drill bits to drill and for the lock bolt. Total time spent 1 hour and 15 minutes.View attachment 215335View attachment 215336View attachment 215338
If your Kibler lock isn’t already drilled and tapped something is amiss. As @NRFord said, a tap is included in the kit to use as a chaser. Please double check your lock and call Kibler if there’s a problem.

Gun is finished in the white. 8 & 3/4 hours per my journal. Took quite awhile to get the ram rod pipes and ram did to fit the gun. I'm glad I installed the barrel, pipes, fit the ram rod to the gun before drilling the pipes. If I hadn't it would not have been pretty. The ram rod needed more taper to fit the stock and the stock needed a bit of lead filed into the hole. Pretty much the longest time spent assembling the gun.

Back