• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kibler SMR in cherry

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pin stock I have is fairly brittle, did you heat it first before bending it?

-Jake
Yes, heated it with a map gas torch and bent them around a nail that's the same diameter as the vent pick.

I am planning my next Kibler, which will be a SMR in .45, likewise with a cherry stock. I really love the look of yours. After you used the oven cleaner and wiped it off, did it need to be neutralized with anything?

Ken, nice job on the Kibler. I too have one in a 45 in maple. Shoots very accurately. I’ve been wanting to put a Patchbox on it like you did. Was it hard to do? I was worried that it might be hard to fit right with the shape of the stock. I bought one that looks exactly like yours.

Should have asked in my previous post.. How did you finish it as the color is super??? Thanks.
Oven cleaner, which is lye, sprayed on. Wipe the oven cleaner lengthwise along the stock, let it sit for 10 minutes, wipe off and let it dry. After that, linseed oil - let it soak in for 10 minutes then wipe off. Each time I clean it, it gets treated with my own "waterproof " mixture of beeswax, paraffin, and mineral spirits - before putting it away until the next adventure.

Back