• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler SMR has arrived

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

My Kibler SMR kit arrived this week. This is my fifth muzzleloader but first kit construction. I am still adapting my workshop from home projects to rifle kit assembly, in doing so I noticed that height of 39 inches to the top of my vise causes a lot of neck strain while looking down at my work. Has anyone found an ideal workbench/vise height for gun building or am I just experiencing muscle strain from a new activity?

Jeff

I’m 6’2” and my bench is 36” high-easy to work on projects sitting on a stool. My vise holds the rifle at 48” which is a comfortable height for me when standing. Experiment with the height that feels comfortable for you:)

Attachments

• 49A336A2-6782-4D74-9903-4EF5F039AAB7.jpeg
    49A336A2-6782-4D74-9903-4EF5F039AAB7.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 0
My first build ever, also a Kibler SMR. If you are handy at all you can do a great job on these

Attachments

• F0A23AFF-404A-4B52-BDCD-E6E462508CE3.jpeg
    F0A23AFF-404A-4B52-BDCD-E6E462508CE3.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Back