• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kibler SMR finally finished in cherry

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those considering a Kibler kit gun, don't judge Kibler by my finished rifle. I put the finishing touches on my SMR today. It was a 40 caliber quick ship kit I saved a few bucks on, The wood finish is a lye wash with Permalyn sealer. The metal finish is Jax black which was slightly distressed. The ram rod finish is just Permalyn. The patch box and toe plate were ordered from Muzzle Loaders Builders Supply.

I added a few more pictures in case someone wanted to see my lack of inletting skills.
View attachment 176640
View attachment 176641
View attachment 176642
View attachment 176643
View attachment 176778
View attachment 176779
View attachment 176780
View attachment 176781
View attachment 176782
View attachment 176783
Dont worry it’s a nice working rifle and a bit of epoxy will make things ok. I am not always that good at inletting Just get impatient I guess

Blue skys west of London. But it’s cold we wish yo well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I bought the Quick Ship also but in .32 I can only hope mine comes out as good as yours. With it being a Quick Ship I was trying to find the flawed stock but can’t, worth the savings. I like the smoothness of the black furniture. Congrats on your build.

I bought the Quick Ship also but in .32 I can only hope mine comes out as good as yours. With it being a Quick Ship I was trying to find the flawed stock but can’t, worth the savings. I like the smoothness of the black furniture. Congrats on your build.
Thank you. Mine has a bark inclusion along the left side of the forearm Jim stabilized with CA glue. The biggest problem was it wouldn't take stain in that spot.

Thank you, Sir
Well done. That is a beautiful rifle. I am also working on my first cherry rifle.
You will enjoy working with that cherry stock. I know just about every post I read about cherry wood said it was tough to carve/inlett, but that wasn't my experience with this one. A good sharp chisel made short work of the cutting.

Wow that’s really long
And what about the riffling , should have asked before measuring mine at 57”. Yours will be 6’6” I guess Must have one

Bitter cold west of London. Last of the Mohicans was on TV again last night , no good views of the rifles , it’s the music that gets to you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Back