• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler smr double set trigger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all. I’m nearly finished with my Southern Mountain Rifle. However, for some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to disassemble the double set trigger, to finish the trigger plate. I’m usually pretty good at taking pictures/marking how bolts and springs go whenever I take something apart, but I don’t want to bend or break this spring. Can someone show me a picture of how the front trigger spring is oriented in the trigger plate?
Thank you in advance. I’ve learned it wasn’t really necessary to take this apart.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
Turn the spring around from the way it is in your picture. Insert the end into the hole on the plate - all the way. Keeping it pressed up against the frame (not the side of the plate), push it down towards the front and hook the other end into the recess of the front trigger. Sometimes it takes a little wiggling and moving the front trigger to get it to go into the slot/recess.

BTW, don't put your main spring in or tighten it down until you have put the rear trigger in. A good rule of thumb is triggers first, trigger spring next and then lastly the main spring.

Turn the spring around from the way it is in your picture. Insert the end into the hole on the plate - all the way. Keeping it pressed up against the frame (not the side of the plate), push it down towards the front and hook the other end into the recess of the front trigger. Sometimes it takes a little wiggling and moving the front trigger to get it to go into the slot/recess.

BTW, don't put your main spring in or tighten it down until you have put the rear trigger in. A good rule of thumb is triggers first, trigger spring next and then lastly the main spring.
Thank you. I’ll do that when I get home

It’s all part of fitting the trigger to the sear. It’s been a couple years, but I recall Jim’s triggers fitting good with the rear spring screw just snugged down. Not torqued, but snug. I also had to take a tiny bit off the top of the rear trigger bar so there’s just a perceptible amount of play in the rear trigger with it installed in the rifle and the lock cocked. Not sloppy play mind you, just enough so you can feel it. I want to be sure I can cock the lock without the rear trigger set.
Jim’s parts fit excellent, it’s a bit more tedious fitting commercial set triggers to a rifle.

Back