• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Kibler SMR Cherry Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm giving it a lot of thought. I like the Colonial kit better than the SMR... but there's only so much a man can stand.

After having and shooting both, personally feel the SMR is more refined and balanced. A rifle that begs to be carried. Don't get me wrong the colonial rifle is wonderful but feel the SMR handles better. Getting ready to pull the plug on this sale soon, surprised nobody want's a high end kit for one heck of a price. This isn't a cheapo Traditions or Pedersoli folks. Also a .45 is a do all caliber, small game to deer your bases are covered. I've taken more game with a .45 than any other caliber I own. Light on recoil, powder and lead with enough arss to get the job job very efficiently.

I just came off the Kibler site and am left with a few questions. Does the stock require additional sanding and surface preparation? Are the metal parts finished or do they need to be sand blasted and stained?
Thanks,
Ron

RonRC, should be some finish sanding and finishing of the wood and metal (to your taste). You can probably just call Jim Kibler and chat about it... he's a good guy (I've never spoken with him, but he's a regular contributor on the AmericanLongrifles.org forum.

Please refrain from topics unrelated to the sale of this kit. If you have questions regarding something send me a message and I will glady help.

There are many threads that will answer all questions to building one of these fine rifles, made a extensive one myself in the builders section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back