• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kibler SMR chamber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. I’m trying to visualize what my chamber looks like in my Kibler SMR. I know the touch hole is roughly 1/8” forward from the breach plug face. Is this pic I drew somewhat accurate? Is there an unrifled portion directly in front of the breach plug? I’d like to see a better diagram if someone has one. Thanks.
D52858AE-E5D1-482F-95AF-0BD3FDB5926C.jpeg

There shouldn’t be a chamber, the plug should butt up to the rifling. The plug is larger then the bore, I’m confident that Kibler made it correctly.

Rifles with "patent breeches" have always worked just fine in my rifles that had them. But I still do not like them. From what I've experienced they don't add anything to what a traditional breech can already do.

If the breech plug is fitted correctly it will come up tight against a shoulder at the end of the rifling and index with the top flat at the same time. I didn't unbreech my Kibler SMR to check it but judging from the quality of the other work I suspect it was done the way it should be.

Latest posts

Back