• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kibler SMR .45 - What load workup are ya shooting?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatchet-Jack

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I did another post about my Kit that's on order and asked folks to post pics of there Kibler SMRs. We got a lot of great pics of some beautiful rifles so thanks for those that posted on that one.

For this post I want to ask those that have a Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle in .45 what's your most accurate load workup? Do they like 433, 440 or 445 RBs? Patch thickness? Grains of real BP?

.445 ball, .020” patch, 50g FFFg.
First 7 shots out of a new barrel.
6B78E77B-0D67-4EB9-B31B-B8E76B3C55D1.jpeg

Shot a .45 cal. .440 r/b w/ 62 gr. fffg. very accurate w/no wind @ 75 yds....! turn in .54 or 66. 7/8" x 34" oct. w/rib. Also used it for silhouettes out to 200 yards , but the cub bear knock down target , at that distance , would ring but not fall over. Not big enough ball for the knock down there....oldwood

Back