• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler ball size for .45

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up pretty much where I thought it would be..

440 PRB with 15 thou spit patch and 50 grains of 2F, needs just a little nudge with a short starter, then it loads easy with no wiping between shots.

Won the club shoot with it a couple of weeks ago, not bad for a rifle that is not really what I believe to be "broke in" yet.

I sight in on a bench rest with a front and rear rest designed for the job, I do not follow the belief that you must hold the forearm of a ML when bench resting. Then drift the sights for windage and file for elevation.

The rifle will then shoot to the same POA if you do your part, YMMV

Same experience. Nudge with short starter then easy loading without wiping between.

First 7 rounds out of a Rice barreled Kibler SMR.
9AEEE258-81BC-44E4-BF32-56657C678FAC.jpeg

My two favorite .45 rifles both shoot great with .440" ball and a .024" canvas patch. But I really like the .445" ball with the same patch. Lube is either TOW mink oil or Hoppes #9 BP Lube. I load them with the wood underbarrel rod because When I hunted deer I didn't want a stuck ball while trying to reload.

very nice. I have looked at several posts and have ordered the 440 and 445 along with the .010, .12, 015, and .18 patches to test. Next I need to figure out if I need a 48" range rod or use the hickory one that came with my Kibler SMR 45

That combo loads with one rap of a short starter, and the wood rod under the barrel.
Make sure you have a nice smooth crown, and a good liquid lube. Shoot all day without cleaning.

I coned my barrel and still get the same
Great grouping. Just a lot easier to load.

Latest posts

Back