• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kibler American Colonial Rifle Dimensions (overall length)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hate to have a weird ask like this--but if someone has a finished Kibler Colonial--do you mind taking a picture of it on a table with a tape measure running it's length? I know the LOP is 13ish" and the barrel is 43ish" for a total of 56"ish inches--but want to make sure. I'm having a custom holder completed for it--and it will be a bit before I have the actual rifle in hand. Plus with wood/covid...the earlier I start my holder project..the better. Thanks for any help!

Kibler Colonial about 9 months old.
D566ABEB-2F8B-4FCE-8448-07A0C98DF77F.jpeg

I will be shortly ordering my own…I won’t be up to doing any inlays or carvings, so I think I can easily justify the wood upgrade.

I will be shortly ordering my own…I won’t be up to doing any inlays or carvings, so I think I can easily justify the wood upgrade.
That was my thinking as well. The only carving I did with a bit of trepidation was a thumb-notch on the sliding patch box cover. Studied examples, and practiced on scraps while waiting on delivery. Glad I did it. It was easy enough and looks fine, but more importantly, it’s utilitarian.

That was my thinking as well. The only carving I did with a bit of trepidation was a thumb-notch on the sliding patch box cover. Studied examples, and practiced on scraps while waiting on delivery. Glad I did it. It was easy enough and looks fine, but more importantly, it’s utilitarian.
A good friend of mine is a very accomplished wood carver...If I can find an appropriate styled and sized carving, he would happily carve it into the box cover. The limited area keeps me picking my brain....I want to keep it very simple and appropriate.

Back