• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kibler 58 Finished.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kib1.jpg

Finally got the time to finish my Colonial 58.
kib2.jpg1.jpg

kib4.jpg1.jpg

First build, first attempt at carving. Really enjoyed this. Stock finished with 2 coats aqua fortis, 2 coats Permalyn sealer, 4 coats Tru Oil. Smoothed every 2 coats with 0000 steel wool. Rubbed lightly with rottenstone when cured.
Metal was draw filed, polished to 400 grit then went over it with 800 grit oil stones. Followed by cold blue. Rubbed back lightly with grey abrasive pad.
kib6.jpg1.jpg

Hi,
It is amazing how simple lined borders can add a million bucks to any work. You made that Kibler look much better than the unadorned Kibler rifles we commonly see and it didn't take much work. Good for you.

dave
Given the quality of your work that is praise indeed. Thanks for the kind words. It showed me where there is room for improvement.

Don

Latest posts

Back