• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kibler .45 cal SMR build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_0199.jpeg

Finished browning the small parts with Homer Dangler"s browning solution. Take some time and a lot of coates, but got the dark reddish brown I was looking for. Barrels almost done.

Beautiful job, I love the color! I did a similar small parts browning job on a Tn rifle build.

Some guy (JERK) on here made a point to scold me and inform me that I made the parts "too" brown and had done it all wrong.

Does this look "too" brown? If course I know it isn't, after all, I made it to suit me.

squirrel rifle done 008.JPG

Beautiful job, I love the color! I did a similar small parts browning job on a Tn rifle build.

Some guy (JERK) on here made a point to scold me and inform me that I made the parts "too" brown and had done it all wrong.

Does this look "too" brown? If course I know it isn't, after all, I made it to suit me.

View attachment 72553
I think it looks great. I love the browned look myself. I browned a rifle 25 years ago and it is the most durable finish I've seen. It has held up better than any of my modern blued guns.

Looking good! Can't wait to see yours finished. :thumb:

I wish every computer was the same wrt color reproduction. Your parts almost look black on my screen. I'm torn between brown, and an antique finish for my build.

Looking good! Can't wait to see yours finished. :thumb:

I wish every computer was the same wrt color reproduction. Your parts almost look black on my screen. I'm torn between brown, and an antique finish for my build.
It's hard get colors to come out right on the computer. They are definitely not black, it is a deep reddish brown like you would see on very old steel tools. I thought about doing the antique finish (rubbed back bluing, etc.), but decided on something more durable. Especially in easter North Carolina where you can stare at something and it will rust.

It's hard get colors to come out right on the computer. They are definitely not black, it is a deep reddish brown like you would see on very old steel tools. I thought about doing the antique finish (rubbed back bluing, etc.), but decided on something more durable. Especially in easter North Carolina where you can stare at something and it will rust.
I hear that. It isn't too humid here in the north, but I have toxic sweat. Decisions... :doh: 😁

The browning job is good as it gets. What makes it good is , it's what YOU like. Folks that say something has to be a certain color , or the finish has to have a given look need to look at more old guns . There are almost limitless choices , especially concerning stock wood, style of a gun, and finish. .......... oldwood

The browning job is good as it gets. What makes it good is , it's what YOU like. Folks that say something has to be a certain color , or the finish has to have a given look need to look at more old guns . There are almost limitless choices , especially concerning stock wood, style of a gun, and finish. .......... oldwood
Thanks!

Back