• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kerrville Area

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RO
I winter in Kerrville every other year ..I don't know about "groups" as such but they have a great range (public but membership)(Hill Country Shooting Sports Center) with a lot of local interest ..I would bet a trip to the range would get you pointed at some fellows who follow the smoke pole regimen. The place can be busy at times as it is a training facility for Olympic, AAU, and International shooting teams.

Bear

Well I tried to find some info, there is (was) a Texas State Muzzling loading Association that is in Brady Tx and also the Alamo Muzzle loading club group located out of SATX. There maybe some local too , let see if other Texas shooters have input.

Uuummmmm people, look at his profile information where it says location...........

Uuummmmm, I did.... it says Florida.
But... any Texan worth his Larry Mahan's knows Kerrville is in Kerr county, listed as one of the top deer hunting counties in Texas.

I've eaten at the Hill Country Cafe, good eats. As to muzzleloading...I can't help you there. Check with the TMLRA.

There are two that I know of although not exactly in Kerrville. One group is in Fredricksburg. They host a couple of rondys each year over near Shiner. The White Smoke Brigade holds monthly shoots at a location near Wimberley. You can contact Rusty Hathaway at 512-422-0377 or Jack Simons at 210-846-6375 for details.
John

Last edited:
Uuummmmm, I did.... it says Florida.
But... any Texan worth his Larry Mahan's knows Kerrville is in Kerr county, listed as one of the top deer hunting counties in Texas.

I've eaten at the Hill Country Cafe, good eats. As to muzzleloading...I can't help you there. Check with the TMLRA.
What's a Texan, precious?

SORRY EVERYBODY. I thought being the Southwest section all would know TEXAS. My error. There's only ONE Kerrville anywhere as far as I know. There's a muzzle loading group up in Brady but it's a little bit of a drive and I think there are some groups in San Antoni0o but the traffic is a hassle.
For the Kerrville Challenged.........
1. Catfish restaurant- sounds like the Lakehouse- great place
http://www.hillcountrycookin.com/
Some folks throw corn in their front yards. The other day 3 deer ran right in front of my car, A little farther on, 6 deer in one guy's front yard. I split my time between TX and FL

Latest posts

Back