• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kentucky pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leadhoarder

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Are the Pedersoli pistols a good choice?

I see they come in 45, 50 and 54. Are all of these the same size other that the bore or are the smaller calibers svelte?

I have been thinking about picking up my first flintlock. I planned on a rifle but would one of these pistols be fun and fairly reliable?

I would like to know As well. I have a cva 50 that is a lot of fun, it is a caplock though.

I’ve really enjoyed my .54 Kentucky pistol. It’s probably one of the most accurate pistols of any type that I own. I got mine in kit form so I could move the barrel in the stock and fine tune the lock before finishing the metal and wood.
55E3C43E-D86B-434E-9AC6-28B5A678BA0A.jpeg

-Jake

Can anyone comment about the dimensions and handling of the different calibers?

I think I would want to sitck with 50 or 54 as I already have rifles/moulds in those calibers. 50 would be cheaper to feed probably but the 54 might handle better with more metal removed.

Just got a Pedersoli Kentucky kit from DGW this week, so I'm looking forward to yet another summer project...

Latest posts

Back