• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kenny Briesen bench gun mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silcott8541

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello all,

Some of you may have known and shot with my late friend, Elwood Cullers. I am helping the local auctioneer with sorting out all of Elwood's shooting equipment and I need some help. We have searched high and low for the molds that go with his Kenny Briesen slug gun barrel and, I cannot find the mold for the base of the bullet. I have located the mold for the nose and also a mold for a one piece bullet.

Could someone please email a picture of the base mold, so I know what I'm looking for. I can only assume it's made from a small Ideal mold but, I don't know how the hollow cavity is made. Whether it's a plug, removed by hand or, built in, like a Rapine mold.

I am trying to find all the pieces so, when it goes to auction, the buyer will get everything needed to shoot. My email address is [email protected].

Thank you for any and all help!

Heath

Hope you find the info you are looking for, I couldn't help but say that I am sorry to hear of Elwood's passing - heck of a good shot for a very long time! Never won anything when he or a few others were on the line!

He was a hell of a shot and a hell of a man. Between him, HP and Bobby Elka, I doubt much was left to be won. I talked to Bobby today and I believe he is getting the pictures I need.

If the mold for the nose has a pin that goes into the base then there will a pin with the base mold to make the hole. If the nose mold has a pin to make a hole for the base to dovetail into it then it will be obvious. Might also want to make certain the swage to join both pieces together is there as well.

Ken passed away a number of years ago. If the rifle I saw on Sunday is the same rifle as the one in the original post the new owner finished the tooling for it.

Back