Ken Netting

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Coot

69 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the guns made by Ken Netting? I am interested in a fowler that he made a few years ago.

wattlebuster

69 Cal.
Reaction score
The man does excellent work. I dont see any way you could go wrong owning any of his guns

Coot

69 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the endorsement. I am waiting for the seller to email me some photos.

Mickc01

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I have one of Ken's Rifles and I plan on keeping it in my collection as long as I have a collection. It is a .40 cal with a swamped 46" barrel and Chambers Golden Age Lock. It is long, slim and IMHO is the epitome of a golden age rifle. Fit and finish is excellent, wood to metal inletting is perfect. I don't believe you would ever regret buying one of his guns.

I am attaching a few pics I just this afternoon snapped with my phone so please forgive the poor quality.

Coot

69 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I still haven't heard back from the seller & wonder if he has decided to keep the gun???

S.Kenton

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been to Mr. Nettings shop on several occasions, he helped me out an awful lot on my first build. I've watched him in action....and I'll tell you this, Ken Netting one of finest craftsman I've ever seen in action.

S.Kenton

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I'll be at his shop in a couple of weeks... I'll ask him. Ken has been gracious enough in the past to mentor me on a few projects here and there. God willing he will be there to help me through quite a few more...I get myself into some messes for sure.

nit wit

50 Cal.
Reaction score
All I could afford was one of his priming horns!A real treasure.
Nit Wit

S.Kenton

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Well I visited with Ken this morning, he helped me straighten out a fowler I purchased from another fella. I purchased one of his brass primers that he makes...I wish I could figure out how to post pics on here.
Anyhow, Billiinoregon,to answer your question, Ken did not mentor Roy Stroh. Ken says he knows him but didn't mentor him.