• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Ken Netting Squirrel Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Selling my Ken Netting Squirrel Rifle. I have two rifles so I have decided to part with this one. It is a .40 caliber tack driver. If you need evidence of this just check out my squirrel season thread on this forum. If you dont know Ken Netting is a wonderful builder and person but is no longer building guns as he is retired. His firearms are highly collectable and he is known for his New England fowling pieces. To my understanding he built nine southern guns in this pattern with this one being the most dressed out of the lot. The original owner has passed and I have aquired it some time ago. This rifle is serial numbered 318 and was built in 2003 as per the info under the barrel. This will only increase in value.
Stocked in walnut with all handmade iron furniture. Poured pewter nose cap. Colerain 44 inch "A" weight barrel. Barrel is signed by the builder. Double set triggers. Can be fired by setting the rear trigger or not. Jim Chambers Late Ketland English lock. Handmade iron furniture all engraved including the lock. Palmetto tree wire inlay on the butt. Vent pick below the cheek rest. Man on the Moon bone inlay on the cheek rest and bone inlay with hole for touch hole feather below. Overall length about 60 inches with a trigger pull length of 13.75" to the front trigger. Asking $3100 and we can discuss shipping or delivery depending on where you are. Always willing to consider partial or full trades for original southern or civil war firearms.
20201107_142136.jpg
20201107_142157.jpg
20201107_142201.jpg
20201107_142208.jpg
Feel free to ask any questions or if you need more photos let me know.
JamesT

James,
I know your rifle well as I saw it many times during its build, as well as others. Not to burst your bubble but Ken is still building fantastic rifles. He builds what he wants to these days but still occasionally takes on an order. IMHO you won't find a better builder of the type he builds.

James,
I know your rifle well as I saw it many times during its build, as well as others. Not to burst your bubble but Ken is still building fantastic rifles. He builds what he wants to these days but still occasionally takes on an order. IMHO you won't find a better builder of the type he builds.
You are not bursting anyones bubble. Last time I spoke with Ken he was not building anymore. As he is in his eighties he may turn out one or two here and there but good for him. Good luck ordering one.
JamesT

James,
You've got it almost right, don't let him hear you say 80's, he's got a few to go to get there. LOL

James,
You've got it almost right, don't let him hear you say 80's, he's got a few to go to get there. LOL
Very well. Are you interested in buying this rifle? Maybe you can provide a contact for other potential purchasers to discuss it with him. Otherwise, what needs to be corrected?
JamesT

I already have several of Ken's rifles and just sold one similar to yours. You've done a good marketing effort for a rifle he won't duplicate. If I hear of a buyer I will steer him to you.

Best regards. Would love to see some photos of the similar rifle you sold as I am a big fan of his style.
JamesT

That or is gone but I have one you might like. One other is a full stock Hawken W/o the hand made hardware and lock and Bill Large barrel. Another is a New England fowler/punt gun with a 72" barrel.

I don’t beleive Ken has hit the 80 mark yet. He still builds,but no longer taking orders, just what he wants to build. I go see him on occasion, he is a very talented builder for sure! I’d love to have one of his works of art...

I don’t beleive Ken has hit the 80 mark yet. He still builds,but no longer taking orders, just what he wants to build. I go see him on occasion, he is a very talented builder for sure! I’d love to have one of his works of art...
Thank you for the correction. I thought he told me his age the last time I spoke to him about this rifle. Mistaken I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back