• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Keeping Track Of Your Ventures .....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner

40 Cal
Reaction score
Keeping Track Of Your Ventures .....

Here's a good way to be able and look back at your ventures whether modern or traditional muzzle loading. At first you'll forget to record those outings but in time you'll start thinking about past travels, hunting outings, camps stayed in and wish you would have written those events down. The years slip by and we forget some of those events then remember part of what happened but lost some important things that you wish you would have recorded. Give this some serious thought, it's not hard to have a small notebook with you to record those event.

notes.gif
This is just one example of some of my thoughts.
Just for the hunting camps and who or what was gotten makes the effort worth while. Lots of items can be recorded in that little notebook. Who was with you, funny things that happened, type of camp setup, weather conditions and so on are good starters and fun to look back on. Who got the most game, largest animal and so on are always good memories.

Give it some thought .....

I started keeping an outdoor journal as a requirement of a class I took in college. Been doing so now for some 40 plus years. It has been eye opening to go back and review some of the hunts that I still do today.

Seems like a pain in the butt at first when recording different events, but after a short time you'll start to enjoy your journal. You'll find yourself looking at past outings and smile of the time. :) I have had old hunting buddies start to tell about a hunt then can't remember a part and then ask for my notebook. Now that's what makes it worth the effort. :thumb:

Back