• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Keep your faith in God, but keep your powder dry.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Komander

32 Cal
Reaction score
A picture of my matchlock set up for reenacting. I made the sword baldric and bandolier/pouch myself, but bought the charging bottles and priming flask. Unfortunately since moving to Arizona in late 2019 I have been unable to hook up with any Renaissance/Early Modern era reenacting groups due to Covid but am hopeful for later this year or the next.

musket WO powder.jpg

A picture of my matchlock set up for reenacting. I made the sword baldric and bandolier/pouch myself, but bought the charging bottles and priming flask. Unfortunately since moving to Arizona in late 2019 I have been unable to hook up with any Renaissance/Early Modern era reenacting groups due to Covid but am hopeful for later this year or the next.

View attachment 72711
Conquistador reenacting?

I was briefly in a group that did English Civil War and Elizabethan Era English. There is a very good Spanish group in SoCal that has an impressive musket drill complete with rest.

I haven't been to the annual Ren Fest in a couple decades, and it was mostly sword and armor types the last time, but there may be some folks involved who do early muzzleloader stuff. I assume you've looked into it since you know the 2021 fest was cancelled, but just in case: Click Here . :thumb:

Yea I missed the 2020 fair due to an injury. I put it off by a week because of that but then they closed it and that was it. There is an event at Camp Verde this coming weekend I'm going to try to make, hopefully they know of some local places to get powder as I'm down to my last pound.

Back