Santa Fe

32 Cal
Reaction score
Fly103
I'm just down the road from ya outside of Udall

Fly103

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Santa Fe, small world! I just used the wichita/ mulvane reference since someone might actually be able to find that on a map! I live on the east side of Udall! We're practically neighbors!

Chris

Fly103

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I started out shooting caplocks 15 or so years ago as a boy scout and finally decided to get my first flinter back in january. Since then I've completely fallen down the muzzle loading rabbit hole. I've picked up a flint pistol to go with the rifle (both pedersolis), ive gone from shooting out of a box to using a pouch and horn. Now im busying myself making antler tip powder measures while eyeballing kibler kits and period correct clothing. I never would have figured making the simple switch from cap to flint would have triggerd such sn obsession.

Chris

Santa Fe

32 Cal
Reaction score
I've always been a "Gun Crank" and fascinated with the Western Fur Trade. I'm planning on hitting some Rendezvous this year. Check out some period clothing. I've never owned a flint lock. But starting to think about one cuz most trappers were armed with Flint Locks.

Seabeechief

32 Cal
Reaction score
Santa Fe, small world! I just used the wichita/ mulvane reference since someone might actually be able to find that on a map! I live on the east side of Udall! We're practically neighbors!

Chris
Fellow Kansans I. Here in Derby. KS!

Fly103

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Hi seabee! Nice looking Kentucky! Did you build it from a kit or buy it assembled! We will all hsve to get together and make smoke sometime! I'd be hsppy to let Santa Fe take a few shots with my pedersoli for the purpose of promoting flintlock addiction..... we all know caplocks are just a gateway drug......

Chris

PSX_20210308_120014.jpg

Seabeechief

32 Cal
Reaction score
Ya, of course. Let's try and get together! My rifle was a kit I got from my brother. He was short on some cash, so I ended up with the rifle kit. I want to another.

Fly103

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Where do you guys shoot at? I usually shoot at trigger guard over in wellington.

Chris