Quantcast

Kansas Folks

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Jeremy Bays

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello. I am from Topeka. New to muzzleloading. Just built my first Traditions flintlock and purchased a nice used Hawken percussion lock rifle. Joined the First Santa Fe Trail Plainsmen group last month.

TexiKan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Glad you are with us. Hope you plan on being at the Spring Rondy!

Cruzatte

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello. I am from Topeka. New to muzzleloading. Just built my first Traditions flintlock and purchased a nice used Hawken percussion lock rifle. Joined the First Santa Fe Trail Plainsmen group last month.
Glad to have you join us. Hope to see you next month at the Spring Rendezvous.

Bucky182

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Hello, I am from Kingman KS about 45 miles west of Wichita on 54. New to KS and just getting into black powder seriously. Would love to meet some other black powder enthusiast. I would love to see a true primitive deer season in KS no inline, black powder only only not when its 100 degrees in Sept!!

Kansas Jake

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome Bucky182. I agree on the primitive season in the middle of September. It is just too hot. I'm in the Manhattan area.

Bucky182

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Kansas Jake I would like to see a season just for flintlocks and side percussion no black powder subs. A special season maybe late in the year. Our all muzzle-loader season is just stupid in Sept.

Kansas Jake

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
In September it is usually in the 80s and 90s in the day and maybe 70s at night. The deer are all scattered around corn and soybean fields in our area. If you don't have access to some farmer's land the pickins are slim. Also, ticks and mosquitoes are in full flow. I've walked a lot of public hunting lands in that time and fresh tracks are few and far between. There are deer there, but they are hard to find. Also, most walk in and public lands don't allow vehicles so that puts a further hinderance on old guys going out. I really don't relish the idea of dragging a deer half a mile up and down hills at my age in 90 degree weather.

Kansas Kid

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I tried to get it changed many years ago but the so called bow hunters have more pull.

Kansas Jake

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
There are also many more bow hunters than muzzleloading hunters including the folks using the unmentionable stuff.

Kansas Jake

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Smokey for the compliment. Wish you were still in this neck of the woods. We try to be decent folks here for the most part.

Latest posts