• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kansas City Shops

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skypilot39b

36 Cal.
Reaction score
this may be the wrong place to put this, but it is as good as any I could think of, move if necessary. Is there someplace in the greater Kansas City area that carries REAL black powder? I'm going up there to hang with some good friends and will be doing some shooting and would love to be able to buy some there

I'm not aware of anything in Kansas City or close by, but that doesn't mean there aren't any there. Other Missouri/Kansas folks may have a better answer. Graf and Sons is located in Mexico Missouri. I don't know if they sell out the door or not. It is about 160 miles from KC.

Check for a Bass Pro near by. I see one is located in Olathe, KS but I'm not sure how far that will be from your destination.

htredneck said:
Freeland Brothers in Raymore sells KIK (or at least that is what they had the last time I was there). They are located about a mile due east of the junction of Hwy 58 and 291.
Sent 'em an email, thanks

Bass Pro in Independence, Missouri, has Goex. They are located at the junction of I-70, and 291 hiways.

you might try James Country Mercantile in Liberty, Mo. not sure about black powder. Just google them up and give them a call. Even through they are heavy into Civil War they did have a very nice selection of powder horns and pouches.

I think your right Dell Warren runs James County Mercantile and he did carry powder last I knew. He does gun repairs and he or his boy sometimes get out to the rondys.

I'll swear it is a VERY cool place. It's run by "salt of the earth", super nice people! I'm sorry though, I know nothing, about what powders they sell. I live about ten miles from there, and have been there many times.

FiremanBrad said:
I don't believe James Country sells powder, but they will point you to a local fun store that does!!
no, they do not sell powder, but what an amazing time I had visiting with the people there and looking through their stock. My daughter had a great time. I got my powder elsewhere but thanks for the point to this great find!

If you use more than one lb. a year you may want to go to a Osage ML club shoot and maybe buy several pounds from the club, if they sell it. I go to several shoots and buy powder from the club.

Back