• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kalamazoo Living History Exposition

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to the Kalamazoo Living History Exposition this weekend. I didn’t think to take pictures. In truth I was overwhelmed at the size of it all. I picked up some clothing, leather to make knife sheath, a lock and various sundries.

I sat in on Than Yazel’s (I Love Muzzleloading) presentation. He has good ideas and is a nice guy.

I went last year and it seemed a lot smaller. I can recommend this event! Anyone else go?

I was there yesterday and picked up some balls, a powder horn, some wood dye and a few odds and ends. When I got home I emailed one of the vendors about a possibles bag I'd like to order from them. It was my first show and I was impressed overall. My wife said we can go back next year so it got her seal of approval.

Several of us drove through an intermittent blizzard from the thumb,about a 4 hour drive normally. Took 5 hours this time. Been going for many years. It's a good show and we go mainly to see people that I know from Illinois.

I've been going for quite a few years. It's always worth it! if you are into reenacting or want to get into reenacting, or want anything related to muzzleloaders, you will find it at this show.

I've been going to that show for 30+ years. It's always good.
This year I had some cash and some trade so I came home with a new bag and horn, a 1855 pistol carbine and a pop can mortar.
Hope the wife doesn't find out how much I spent. 😳

IronHand

She's a BP line shooter. She would figure it out. Besides, there are pics.

Attachments

• 20230319_175020.jpg
    20230319_175020.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230319_181820.jpg
    20230319_181820.jpg
    691.8 KB · Views: 0
Yep, enjoyed it very much on Saturday despite the snow.
Picked up a bag mold and ladle from Larry Callahan, some flints,
and a set of Richard Millers exceptional scrapers. I had purchased a couple from him last year at Friendship and after using them was kicking myself for not getting his whole set.

Back