• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Jute strap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I finally stayed out of the woods long enough too get something done....

The strap measures 5’ knot too knot X 2” wide .

Finger woven out of jute twine.

A8566743-E808-458C-BEF7-9E1580EFAF3F.jpeg

Looks good smo. I did several finger weave projects when I was in my early 40's. It's tedious, but rewarding. I gave mine to my family my family members. My daughter now has them. The whole key is getting the tension right through the whole strap. your look great.

This one is only my second one,so I’m still in the learning curve.....

It took around 6 hours, give or take a minute or two.

My hands & fingers were actually functioning like they should for a change.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

I like the variations you can get from finger weaving. Loom weaving is much faster.

Horns.JPG

Finger weaving the diamonds was about an hour a diamond. The Blue and white hemp strap took about 2 hours total. Admittedly it was a simple table loom so I didn't have much in the way of variables to add to the loomed strap.

Straps_02.JPG

You can see that it is relatively easy to weave in a loop for attachment to the horn without having a bulky knot. I don't know if it is documentable, but it does work for me.

Thanks , they looked larger it’s first photo

Great looking straps, does the wool stretch much?

Back