• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just won this at auction.. need information on builder??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Builder - D.E. Unlearn muzzleloader builder.
download (3).png
D.E. Unlearn Signed Contemporary Flintlock American Long Rifle
Manufacturer : American
Model : Flintlock
Type : Rifle
Caliber : 45
Barrel : 40 inch octagon
Finish : blue
Stock : curly maple
This is all the information and pictures I haves as of right now.
Waiting on rifle to arrive.

Attachments

• download (4).png
    download (4).png
    250.6 KB · Views: 0
@GREZ55, do you have any information on the maker of the lock, triggers or barrel? That appears from the picture to be a well put together rifle. Knowing the pedigree of the parts will be an interesting addition to the description.

The important questions to base on an evaluation of an unknown maker are the following.

What parts did he use?
Do all the parts fit together?
All unnecessary wood removed?
Is the inletting tight between the wood and the metal parts?
Does the lock and trigger work as they should? Reasonable set trigger release. Reasonable front trigger (unset) release.
The rifle feels good on the shoulder, comfortable length of pull, and the sights come into alignment when the rifle is shouldered.

@GREZ55, do you have any information on the maker of the lock, triggers or barrel? That appears from the picture to be a well put together rifle. Knowing the pedigree of the parts will be an interesting addition to the description.

The important questions to base on an evaluation of an unknown maker are the following.

What parts did he use?
Do all the parts fit together?
All unnecessary wood removed?
Is the inletting tight between the wood and the metal parts?
Does the lock and trigger work as they should? Reasonable set trigger release. Reasonable front trigger (unset) release.
The rifle feels good on the shoulder, comfortable length of pull, and the sights come into alignment when the rifle is shouldered.

Builder - D.E. Unlearn muzzleloader builder.
View attachment 200735D.E. Unlearn Signed Contemporary Flintlock American Long Rifle
Manufacturer : American
Model : Flintlock
Type : Rifle
Caliber : 45
Barrel : 40 inch octagon
Finish : blue
Stock : curly maple
Did you really get all 3 of those for $881?

Whoever the consignor was probably crapped his drawers!
There were 3 rifles in the lot. All in really good shape.
.58 cal. - Antonio Zoli & Co. Model 1863 "Zouave"
.45 cal. - D.E. Unlearn Signed Contemporary Flintlock
.45 cal. - Davide Pedersoli Pennsylvania Dixie Percussion
OTD Price was just over a grand.
download (11).png
download (1).png

Last edited:
I bought some rifles off Rock Island and it went very well. Packaging and shipping was spendy but I got some decent rifle cases that I can continue to use.

That Flinter is just my kinda rifle...clean and simple.

I bought some rifles off Rock Island and it went very well. Packaging and shipping was spendy but I got some decent rifle cases that I can continue to use.

That Flinter is just my kinda rifle...clean and simple.
I will more than likely sell the other 2 and keep the Flinter.
Got to pay for them somehow.

Latest posts

Back