• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Just when you think you've seen it all

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'know, I got an idea. First, I gotta go to Korea and somehow contrive to actually meet Kim Go Eun. How hard could that be? Then I gotta convince her to move to rural Wisconsin and leave her current boyfriend, supposedly the team captain of the Korean National Football (soccer) team for a decrepit old man who cannot even speak her language. Then I get her to marry me and buy me that gun as a wedding present. Simple, nicht wahr? Works out great for everyone except for poor Miss Kim.

On second thought, a young woman, no matter how beautiful is just too much excitement for me, and she would cut into my range time. I'd have to learn to speak Korean... more range time lost... and I already speak enough languages. One more would probably fry my brain.

Sorry Miss Kim, but I just cannot marry you. ;)
"When the gods wish to punish us, they grant our wishes."

I've always made it a point to live within my means, there is NO question that the Rifle is a work of ART and probably worth the money. I believe the question was " Would you shoot it?" I said I wouldn't want it because I would have to shoot it..Can I afford it ? YES Can I justify owning it ? NO... But then again I can't JUSTIFY the HARLEY parked in the garage EITHER. I Worked hard for that bike.But selling it would be GIVING IN TO OLD AGE. I'm going out kicking and screaming,,And thats just getting out of bed in the morning......Be Safe>>>>>>>Wally

I've always made it a point to live within my means, there is NO question that the Rifle is a work of ART and probably worth the money. I believe the question was " Would you shoot it?" I said I wouldn't want it because I would have to shoot it..Can I afford it ? YES Can I justify owning it ? NO... But then again I can't JUSTIFY the HARLEY parked in the garage EITHER. I Worked hard for that bike.But selling it would be GIVING IN TO OLD AGE. I'm going out kicking and screaming,,And thats just getting out of bed in the morning......Be Safe>>>>>>>Wally
If I really wanted to buy that gun, I could. That said, it would a foolish choice for me... much like trying to learn to ride your motorcycle at my age with no prior experience with anything bigger than a Puch moped. The reason it would be a foolish choice for me is that I would be spending a tidy sum of money I worked hard for and then not be able to bring myself to ever take it out and shoot it.

"Simplicity is the essence of elegance." Sophia Loren
I'm of the same mind as Sophia on this matter.
Fancy, cluttered or tarted up do not float my stick. Sleek lines, balanced form and unadorned curves trips my trigger. Think an SMR stocked in walnut, sans patch box, or young Ava Gardner in a simple black cocktail dress. To my eye the greatest beauty is in the form not in the adornment.
That said, I do admire the skill of craftsmen who can create such complex works of art. That is clearly a fine rifle that someone with taste different to mine will cherish owning and hopefully using.

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents worth. Maybe that is the builders profession and he doesn't like to work for $5.00 an hour. Do you? Have seen ML guns go for a lot more. I could never afford it either.
Indeed. I've worked for far less than five bucks an hour, but I wouldn't do it today.

While I could buy it if I really wanted to, it just isn't worth that much money to me personally. Might be more important to save that money for the day the transmission in my car goes out, or I need it to buy a dream cabin in the woods at the end of a long difficult foot path that starts at a nearly impassable dirt road which almost nobody travels.

Indeed. I've worked for far less than five bucks an hour, but I wouldn't do it today.
So have I. Back in the early 70's I worked for $2.00 an hour or less depending on what I was doing at the time. I think people are just jealous of other peoples work and they have to criticize what they can't do. Amen on the cabin in the woods, would like to have one.

So have I. Back in the early 70's I worked for $2.00 an hour or less depending on what I was doing at the time. I think people are just jealous of other peoples work and they have to criticize what they can't do. Amen on the cabin in the woods, would like to have one.
Wouldn't we all want one like that... at least on this forum! I once worked for fifteen cents an hour. I thought it was not a very good wage rate, even at age ten, but I didn't count on the education I was getting. If I had to, I think I could probably build a house from scratch, starting with standing timber... or, that fabled and coveted cabin in the woods. I even know legal ways to get around lots of building codes.

A few years back I BUILT a CABIN in the woods in The Lake of the Ozarks area near Warsaw, Mo. A Cabin not a House.on 7 acres. Has a Master bedroom, bunk room, bathroom ,kitchen & sitting room w/ wood stove. We love it as a get away. No phone, no TV stations,and only 1 radio station. Neighbors are great and just far enough away. Problem is,
you get away from the World and pretty soon the World finds YOU...Just too many people in the World...
Be...Safe>>Wally

Personally I never go hunting again in my life without it. If I had that much money tied up in other guns, I'd sell them and buy that one. It would go with me to each range day, every hunting venture. When not carrying I'd have it hanging where I could see it in my living room. I'd go to every rendezvous I could get to so people could see, hold and shoot it. I would NOT make it an idol. I wouldn't brag of ownership but certainly brag on the the gun maker. I'm 75 and sure do not want more selfishness, pride, or sin added to my dark past. On my death then kin or charity could have it because nothing spiritual in it

There's a point where things become works of art and this gun is past that point.
Not for me: I would enjoy shooting it!

I used to SPONSOR a black Powder shoot on an ANNUAL basis,All shooters weLcomed, Club members always noted that out of the box MASS PRODUCED rifles WON most matches. Maybe COININCIDENTS or just BETTER SHOOTERS on cheap rifles that they had spent more time with.....To each his own...Be Safe>>>>>>>>Wally,
We have an old saying in the Marine Corps, "It's not the dope on the gun, it's the dope behind it". Semper Fi.

In my opinion, if you own a gun like that and the potential loss in value if something happens to it means you couldn't really afford it. If you buy a Ferrari and can't afford the expensive maintenance, then you shouldn't have bought one. I realize some people collect them, whether for fun or as an asset, but I don't think guns at that level would appreciate that much if you just stored it.

Latest posts

Back