• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Just starting the journey...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really warming up to this Renegade...nothing fancy but it sure works...

I am starting to realize round ball molds for a 526 ball just aren't out there....and that's what I need.

Deerstalkert....I got the powder from a place outside Amarillo, in Claude, Texas. American traders or something like that. Just in case you need some.

I envy you sir...north Idaho...I hunted there a few years ago and fell in love with the place. You have critters, plenty of public land, and those amazing mountains.

Are you close to Sandpoint or Bonners Ferry?
well, neither is close! i live 30 miles north of Bonners Ferry. i can fire a .54 ball deep into Canada, after it getting the Jab first of course!
i'd almost bet if you find some thinner patches you could use .530's with good results. i have two TC's in .54 and one needs a .018 patch and the other needs a .010 patch.
powder i make. i was alluding to the paucity of powder for many, making it as precious as gold!

I'll be trying 530s with a thin patch this weekend....finding a mold for a 526 ball is not happening.

Back