• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just Realized How far I've Gotten

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am glad you had a good experience at the 'Vous Luie, there will be mnay more along the path in the future, I think you may have a natural gift so to speak for picking up on this stuff, like a sponge with water, keep at it and don't let anyone
suggest you alter your course and above all enjoy the journey my young friend, I am sure I speak for many when I say you make us old coots proud. :thumbsup:

Hi Louie; Yes you have come a long way and done good. Glad you enjoyed the "vous" I have yet to make my first one.

Question for you, way back when you first got started I recommended you get "Dutch Shoultz's" info on black powder accuracy. Did You ever get it? If not, send me a PM with your mailing address and I will send you one free of charge because I'm proud of you and believe in Dutch Shoultz's recommendations. Keep up the good work.
OB

Well young man, you have learned well indeed. And you will not forget what has been taught you along your journey. Now that you are going to rendezvous, there are a couple that may be in your area: Galesburg in mid-August (no shooting there tho) and Ft Obie at Colona, Il first weekend of Oct. Good folks at both!

I will be at Galesburg but I will not be camping there. I've heard there is a shoot but it's at a separate range.

You have done well, keep it up. I am impressed at a young guy knowing so much. Keep shooting.

Excellent progress! How I wish I had started at 16, would have enjoyed more years of smoke than I have been given. Every year, every shoot you will learn, improve, and enjoy. When you are secure in your knowledge don't forget to help and train others, particularly young folks. God Bless and Good smoke, Ron

Yep, you've come a long way over the last 2 years Luie.
Glad you've enjoyed the trip. :thumbsup:

There is a shoot at the Galesburg Heritage Days, it's just down the road a short way.
I hope to be shooting against you there. :hatsoff:

Don't forget to register even if you are not camping. Only registered participants are allowed to shoot. It would be a good one to camp at tho if you can.
If I recall correctly, the shoot was @ 10:00 Saturday morning. Rifle, smoothbore, and pistol. They also have Hawk and Knife, Archery, and Fire Starting contests. (And lots more to do) Awards are Saturday evening.
If you win anything you will hafta be there on Sunday to spend your Booshway Bucks. Aim small. :thumbsup:
See ya there.

Back