• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just picked up an '89 CVA Hunter-Hawken .50

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: traded the CVA off because the nipple didn't line up with the hammer (someone had tried, unsuccessfully, to turn the drum in tighter using a channel-lock or pliers); and the threads in the drum for the nipple was seriously "wallered" out - the nipple was difficult to get started and was "wobbly" as it went into the orifice and only tightened up at the very end as the nipple seated against the drum. I found a Navy Arms .50 cal that is more period looking. The nipple and hammer alignment is really square. Chrome lined barrel that looks to be 1:48 twist (25-1/2" to 27" barrel, depending on how you measure). The only stamping on the barrel is "NAVY ARMS CO RIDGEFIELD NJ USA" on the right side, and ".50 CAL. 08338" serial number. Searched the internet and could not really find out when this rifle was made. No proof marks, no indication of the country where it may have been made. I think it may be a kit gun as the stock is completely polyed - inside and out and the fit and finish leaves much to be desired - but wood can be "fixed". The photo of the breech with what looks to be a big crack isn't a crack - it is a shadow of a ridge of metal - I did a double-take when I first saw it - examined the rifle with a 10X loupe and made sure it wasn't a fracture. Sorry about the pictures - I'm not good at putting them in the message very good. _NAVY ARMS CO RIDGEFIELD NJ USA CASE.jpg _NAVY ARMS CO RIDGEFIELD NJ USA LOCK.jpg _NAVY ARMS CO RIDGEFIELD NJ USA BRASS TRIGGER GUARD.jpg _NAVY ARMS CO RIDGEFIELD NJ USA BRASS UNDERRIB.jpg _NAVY ARMS CO RIDGEFIELD NJ USA 50 CAL STAMP.jpg _NAVY ARMS CO RIDGEFIELD NJ USA 50 CAL BARREL BREECH & DRUM.jpg _NAVY ARMS CO RIDGEFIELD NJ USA CASE.jpg

Attachments

• _NAVY ARMS CO RIDGEFIELD NJ USA RIFLE OVERVIEW.jpg
    _NAVY ARMS CO RIDGEFIELD NJ USA RIFLE OVERVIEW.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 62
Back