• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Just one more Kibler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winchester97

40 Cal
Reaction score
I just completed my Kibler .36 SMR. It was absolutely fun from start to finish. The fitting of all parts was amazing, and overall quality A+ all around. Customer service was exceptional, I just can't say enough. I finished it with 2 coats TOW Aqua Fortis, and about 8 coats of Tru-oil, metal was done with Kiblers brass patina. I'm not done with load development yet, but found 35g fffg Goex, .20 patch, deer tallow lube pretty good, delivering .75 at 25yd. Think I can improve a little on that, but good enough for this bunny today, can't even show the poor fellow's noggin, unbelievable how much damage a .36 can do. If anybody is on the fence, don't hesitate, this is the most satisfying project I have done yet.

Attachments

• 20201224_120852.jpg
    20201224_120852.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 247
Man that's beautiful! And you're already getting game with it. I have one in .45 on order. I can't wait to get it.
You will love it. First I shot mine was yesterday, filed down the front sight today, then went hunting. I have about 50 shots through it with zero misfires/hangfires, same flint. I knapped the flint one time right before I went hunting. I am so used to my TC Renegade that eats flints fast, this rifle is a joy. Can't say enough about Kibler's.

You will love it. First I shot mine was yesterday, filed down the front sight today, then went hunting. I have about 50 shots through it with zero misfires/hangfires, same flint. I knapped the flint one time right before I went hunting. I am so used to my TC Renegade that eats flints fast, this rifle is a joy. Can't say enough about Kibler's.
Wow that sounds amazing!

...found 35g fffg Goex, .20 patch, deer tallow lube pretty good, delivering .75 at 25yd.

...unbelievable how much damage a .36 can do. If anybody is on the fence, don't hesitate, this is the most satisfying project I have done yet.
Great job on the rifle! Congrats!

While I thought my load would be 30 grs of 3fg, it turned out that 35 tightened it up a bit more. With that and a .018 mink oil patch and .350 ball, I could get 1" to 1 1/8" groups at 35 yards. Like you, I will work on that more, but anxious to get it in the woods. Hopefully tomorrow.

I had a .36 before and you are right regarding the damage they can do. Head shots on small game are a must and you won't want a picture of what's left.

Great job on the rifle! Congrats!

While I thought my load would be 30 grs of 3fg, it turned out that 35 tightened it up a bit more. With that and a .018 mink oil patch and .350 ball, I could get 1" to 1 1/8" groups at 35 yards. Like you, I will work on that more, but anxious to get it in the woods. Hopefully tomorrow.

I had a .36 before and you are right regarding the damage they can do. Head shots on small game are a must and you won't want a picture of what's left.
Thankyou, just saw your rifle a minute ago in your thread... Fine job! Really like that patchbox too. I will keep playing with the loads and patch material, I'm betting we should be getting one hole groups or close to it after figuring it out. Good luck in the field, going to try tomorrow myself.

Very nice job on the rifle! I have two of the Kibler SMR's, one in 45cal. and one in 36cal. I love shooting them both. The 45 is my favorite deer rifle now since it weighs in at 6lb. 9oz. and balances great. At 68 years old I can carry it all day and not have sore shoulders as I do if I carry my Kibler 54cal. Colonial that weighs in at 9lb. 6oz.

Very nice job on the rifle! I have two of the Kibler SMR's, one in 45cal. and one in 36cal. I love shooting them both. The 45 is my favorite deer rifle now since it weighs in at 6lb. 9oz. and balances great. At 68 years old I can carry it all day and not have sore shoulders as I do if I carry my Kibler 54cal. Colonial that weighs in at 9lb. 6oz.
Thankyou, I think a .45 smr is next on my list. I can barely wait to get it ordered, just trying to justify it in my head. Shouldn't take too long.

I have a Kibler 45 caliber SMR, cherry stock, on order. Reading this thread just makes me more excited for it to arrive!
Cherry would be pretty nice, been thinking on that for my next one. I have never been so excited to open up a shipping box in my life. Enjoy!

Excellent! Please let us know how it goes and a picture or two would be great to see! Good luck on your trail walk!
Went well !! I set a personal best, 2 hits shy of the modern ClubRecord, club started in 1933 but no one remembers.
After I dryba... err, made another hollowpoint I rushed to catch up and missed 4 straight.
Was a beautiful day, all had a blast.

EC5412D9-765F-452E-8CFE-E4FEC1373F16.jpeg

kibler SMR .45 cherry
The sleigh bells were just to annoy the guys but I forgot I had them tied behind me ;-)

Finally figured out what my Kibler .36 SMR likes, and filed down the front sight to final height. .020 cut patch lubed with olive oil, 35g FFF Goex, lee .350 ball. Same results with some year old rendered coon oil.....but decided to try olive oil when I decided I was tired of the boiled coon smell. All together about 100 shots over 3 sessions on same flint, 3 knappings, 1 flash in the pan. This rifle is an absolute joy to shoot, and I am already figuring on an excuse to order another.

Attachments

• 20201231_172723.jpg
    20201231_172723.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 85
Finally figured out what my Kibler .36 SMR likes, and filed down the front sight to final height. .020 cut patch lubed with olive oil, 35g FFF Goex, lee .350 ball. Same results with some year old rendered coon oil.....but decided to try olive oil when I decided I was tired of the boiled coon smell. All together about 100 shots over 3 sessions on same flint, 3 knappings, 1 flash in the pan. This rifle is an absolute joy to shoot, and I am already figuring on an excuse to order another.
Wow you got that dialed in nicely. Clovers! Congratulations!

Latest posts

Back