• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Just me and the dog

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmydeesmith

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Jimmy. I am from Dallas and I have just got interested in the black powder hobby. I bought a 1860 army from Uberti. I have a friend with some land that I can shoot at. So far I am enjoying it except for the fact that the percussion caps are impossible to find. I have been making some and it is working out alright. I would like to find some place around here that has events for this.

Welcome! Nice to see another newcomer like myself. I'm currently building my Traditions .50 Mountain Rifle flintlock and I'm very excited to shoot it! I live in Central Texas and I shoot with a group of guys called the White Smoke Brigade in the Canyon Lake/Wimberly area. If you're willing to take the long drive, I can put you through a friend of mine and you can attend our shoots. We shoot on the last Saturday of the month. These are a good group of guys and they'll teach you everything you need to know about black powder! If you're interested shoot me a PM.

Hello everyone. My name is Jimmy. I am from Dallas and I have just got interested in the black powder hobby. I bought a 1860 army from Uberti. I have a friend with some land that I can shoot at. So far I am enjoying it except for the fact that the percussion caps are impossible to find. I have been making some and it is working out alright. I would like to find some place around here that has events for this.
welcome

Welcome! Nice to see another newcomer like myself. I'm currently building my Traditions .50 Mountain Rifle flintlock and I'm very excited to shoot it! I live in Central Texas and I shoot with a group of guys called the White Smoke Brigade in the Canyon Lake/Wimberly area. If you're willing to take the long drive, I can put you through a friend of mine and you can attend our shoots. We shoot on the last Saturday of the month. These are a good group of guys and they'll teach you everything you need to know about black powder! If you're interested shoot me a PM.
Hi granth. Nice to meet you. That sounds great. I will have to look to see where the canyon lake is. I have seen some of those kits that I assume you are working on. That’s one of the things I like about this is the work with my hands. Anyone can drop some shells in a gun and pull the trigger but having to pour the powder and all the rest is more enjoyable. I don’t know if I can make it this month but probably next one. Well I will let you go for now but I look forward to meeting with you and your friends. Jimmy and Roscoe the dog.

Hi granth. Nice to meet you. That sounds great. I will have to look to see where the canyon lake is. I have seen some of those kits that I assume you are working on. That’s one of the things I like about this is the work with my hands. Anyone can drop some shells in a gun and pull the trigger but having to pour the powder and all the rest is more enjoyable. I don’t know if I can make it this month but probably next one. Well I will let you go for now but I look forward to meeting with you and your friends. Jimmy and Roscoe the dog.
@fishmusic

Latest posts

Back