• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just me and the dog

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is a jack Russell. Smart and good natured.
Agreed,

JRs are smart and high energy.

MAUI.JPG

A friend of mine, Kit Ravenshear ,a Scot , Had a Jack Russel . The little Jack , was like a " house meteor." He would circle the living room via the backs of chairs , couches at a speed I can't honor with a description. The only way a human conversation could be maintained , was for me to suspend his body by holding the little bullet so his legs/feet couldn't touch anything for traction. Then , after the laughter subsided , we could talk about guns. I still laugh at the memory of this. I think Jacks are hunting dogs. Who would need a gun , with a dog like a Jack. He would just catch the game. oldwood

Have a friend , that raised a retriever to replace a long time excellent dog. On the first duck hunt , the first duck down , the dog jumped into the river , swam out grabbed the duck , and promptly swam on over to the opposite side of the river , due to the far side was closer. Dog sat there w/duck in mouth until his master waded across through the cold water to retrieve duck and dog......... :D

A friend of mine, Kit Ravenshear ,a Scot , Had a Jack Russel . The little Jack , was like a " house meteor." He would circle the living room via the backs of chairs , couches at a speed I can't honor with a description. The only way a human conversation could be maintained , was for me to suspend his body by holding the little bullet so his legs/feet couldn't touch anything for traction. Then , after the laughter subsided , we could talk about guns. I still laugh at the memory of this. I think Jacks are hunting dogs. Who would need a gun , with a dog like a Jack. He would just catch the game. oldwood
A friend of mine had a "jack" that was so fast , it would dive off the rear porch (3 ft up) and catch birds in the air that flew by!! WOW!

Welcome Jimmy!! Your going to really enjoy black powder and the many other things that go along with it!

Welcome Jimmy! My lil four legged buddy is a year old Rat Terrier named Squeaky. When she gets really excited, she can't bark, just squeak. Oldwood had it right about "house meteors". I've been calling Squeak "rocket dog" as when she gets wound up and I don't think she touches the floor as she rockets through the house and on the furniture.

My Jack Russell once ate a large bag of Kit Kat bars. She could not sleep for a day or two and pooped orange candy wrappers for a while. A Jack Russell over dosed on chocolate is an insane sight.

Fearless dog though, she once defended our campsite from a skunk. The only way to survive the rest of the night was to use ear plugs in our nostrils. She rode home in the bed of the truck.

Agreed,

JRs are smart and high energy.

View attachment 141122
That Long legged terrier is what our K.C. would term A "Parsons", named after the Reverend John (Jack) Russel as a ratter and dog tall enough to run with his and other Fox Hounds.They come Smooth or broken coated. As apposed to the Short "Queen Anne" leg variety to Push down Fox Earths.. OLD DOG..

Welcome from New England.
Thank you for the welcome
Welcome! Nice to see another newcomer like myself. I'm currently building my Traditions .50 Mountain Rifle flintlock and I'm very excited to shoot it! I live in Central Texas and I shoot with a group of guys called the White Smoke Brigade in the Canyon Lake/Wimberly area. If you're willing to take the long drive, I can put you through a friend of mine and you can attend our shoots. We shoot on the last Saturday of the month. These are a good group of guys and they'll teach you everything you need to know about black powder! If you're interested shoot me a PM.
hi I have not been able to get to talk with everyone. Busy with work. But I do want to thank everyone for the warm welcome. Thank you.

Back