• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just me and the dog

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimmy, there is a club around Iowa Park/Electra TX called Red River Renegades. Look them up on google or Facebook. I have been shooting with them since the late 70's. I missed the last few years but will be returning from Central Oklahoma this fall if they have the shoot. They have a very nice range and it's easy to get to. They are a good bunch of people and always was willing to help a fellow shooter.
They used to have monthly shoots before covid. Not sure what their schedule is now. They have a Summer shoot, usually around Memorial Day and then a big shoot around Oct. The October shoot used to be for frozen turkey, hams and bacon depending on your scores. There used to be a couple of Black Powder Traders show up.
Welcome to the site.
Here are a few links to their club. RRR black powder club
Red River Shoots
Mike

Welcome Jimmy Dee, the Texans are going to rule this forum pretty soon.

Our monthly shoot is on this coming Saturday, 5/28. Canyon Lake is quite a distance from Dallas. Probably not worth a 6 hour drive. However, NMRLA lists many clubs that have regular matches and is a good way to meet like minded (shooting wise) people. Check out their website to see if they can point you to some in the DFW area.

Love my dog, it’s truly family
2222D395-9CC8-48EE-A28A-FE88D93099BE.jpeg
B46AFEE4-0732-4E81-9F5E-4EA1CA04B589.jpeg

I foster animals for the local Humane Society and have had as many as 13 dogs in the house at one time. A few years ago, one became lethargic, refused to eat, and all the classic symptoms. After a couple of days, while my daughter was walking the dog outside, the dog squatted, and my daughter was shocked and embarrassed to see a pair of her own underwear slowly emerge, intact. Dogs will eat almost anything.

JIMMYDEESMITH, welcome to the forum. I should be receiving my first Cap and Ball, a Pietta 1860 Army, shortly. May I ask, How are you making your primers?

Latest posts

Back