• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just Joined

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank You Badfrog. Couldn't hunt out of it last year due to not finishing the insulation. Had two friends come to hunt this season and I killed a couple deer. Hadn't gun hunted seriously in many years. Was a great first season staying there. The Vermont Casting made it real toasty in there. Headed there today to close things up for winter. More snow coming.

Hope to hunt the late muzzleloader next season.

Did I miss an inside joke on the Marley Marlo question?

NoMansLand
Welcome from the Southern Tier of NYS. Wife and I have lived in a 20 X 24 ft log cabin for the past 10 yrs. This has been the greatest 10 yrs of our life. Wood heat is the best way to keep warm and cozy. You have a wonderful looking cabin.

Introduction: I use to hunt with a muzzleloader many years ago. Had a T/C Hawkins. One of my buddies burrowed it about 30 years ago and I never saw it again. he did however make it up to me. I have built my dream off-grid hunting cabin and he gave me a Vermont Casting Defiant to heat the structure. Worked for me. I was into traditional bowhunting for many years so I didn't miss the rifle. Now that I have the cabin I want to take advantage of the late muzzleloader season. We hunted out oView attachment 182192f wall tents for 35 years and November in a wall tent in upstate New York was getting old.

So I just ordered a Tennessee Valley Muzzleloader, a "Southern" in percussion cap. I live in the northern zone hunting area which has an early season and my cabin is in the southern zone with a late muzzleloading season so lots of opportunity.

I have a degree in Biology and worked for NYS Dept of Environmental Conservation in Fisheries, Wildlife and Habitat protection for 30 years. My name is Patrick Clearey
Another Howdy from Texas. Welcome to the forum Patrick.

Welcome again from Wisconsin! I have been shooting T/C Hawkens and Renegades and New Englanders (oh my!) for many years. I think they were and are the best side hammer guns ever made... at least for those of us who don't have a few thousand dollars to spend on a gun.

Nice cabin.

Welcome, and beautiful place you have there! I’ve learned just about everything I know pertaining to muzzleloaders, cap and ball guns, and even a life lesson or two here on this forum. There’s A LOT of knowledge and information from great people!

Back