• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Just Jim

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, most folks, myself included, could not do the job Zonie did here on the forum and still be so respected. Being a copy editor is one thing, but having to edit peoples' comments and making it come out right without ostracizing, or denigrating the intent is a job for a genius. I pray and offer sacred smoke to the four directions and the grandfathers for Jim to be with his forebears and friends at the Great Council Fire, in happiness and plenty forever.

Zonie was one of the absolute best moderators I’ve ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Although I’ve never met him personally, I still consider him a friend. This forum as well as our sport has lost one of the GREATS. I’ll certainly miss the great job he done on this site, as well as his advice to all who needed it. A sad day indeed…

I belong to many different forums.
Modern firearms, old cars, tractors, boats, etc.

Most moderators rarely speak on the forums, but come down like God from above upon you long enough to cut you down then retreat into the clouds.

Zonie, (Jim), was not that guy at all. He might send you a PM, but rarely called you out on open forum.

He was a gentleman and a gentle man, IMHO. His knowledge was immense, his patience long suffering, and he needed the Wisdom of Solomon, which he had.

For over 11 years I looked for his posts, something interesting was in them.

Godspeed Zonie, and Prayers for the family.
Et

Zonie always had something worthwhile to share. He was a treasure chest of information. He was one of the reasons I’ve stayed here. I would check, and still do, the postings on the Forum largely because of his wisdom and guidance.

Rest in Peace Zonie.

So many times Zonie would offer advice that I had not considered before and found it to be sound and well thought out. And so often I would see a gentle reminder that a post was going awry. Eterry stated Jim's methods most eloquently. I am saddened to hear of his passing.

I was reading another post from Angie and she mentioned that Zonie was not around! I couldn't help but come here an look! Never knew Zonie personally but he moderated on this forum when I first come to this forum. The one thing that always struck me about Zonie was his knowledge of muzzleloading and muzzleloaders! He will be greatly missed. RIP Zonie!

Latest posts

Back