Just in:

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

tenngun

Cannon
Reaction score
Actually it’s not the taste of catfish I don’t care for. It’s the texture. I like my fish firm. Firmer then cat fish comes out. I’ve never fished catfish but eaten plenty, Wild and farm, home cooked, and restaurant, fried baked and made in to dishes.
I don’t care for crawfish, frog legs and crab legs. I’d rather eat it then Fido, and rather eat it then go hungry.
I’ve planned on eating ‘possum but never got past the skinning, would rather eat catfish then ‘possum.

Reaction score
The possum will eat any thing it can find, and super greasy. Years ago when I trapped I caught quite a few, as you while skinning the thoughts always crossed my mind (folks really eat these things) I guess you could board bake them then throw away the possum and eat the board. As to fish I cannot eat them allergic to fish, when we were kids we would fish for carp there was a old fellow whom would buy them as long as they were alive fifty cents apiece. he would put them in the spring house for a few weeks and feed them corn meal, said done this way they were the best eating fish to be had.

tenngun

Cannon
Reaction score
Well coon and bear will eat anything they can find and chicken too. I would turn my chickens out in to my gardens, but they hit the compost pile too,and hung close on butchering day... chickens rabbit deer duck other game.

Latest posts

Group Builder