• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just got a brand new lemon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way too much fire outside of the cylinder

Well to get more down the barrel and less out at the cyl /barrel transfer would be to close the Endshake (clearance) down and have the ability to do that on a repetitive basis . . . which means a .003" max clearance and an arbor length that will support that . . . which is what I've been all about for almost 10 yrs!! Lo!!!

Mike

I just saw this post and I'm not defending Larry but he sold Midway a number of years ago and is just a front now. He has no say anymore.

I have placed several dozen orders with Midway over the years, total amount spent maybe in the low thousands. In my particular case I have had no problems.

I'm not saying others haven't had problems - I'm just saying my experience has been good.

In one instance I needed a magazine for an unmentionable. The factory - not Midway - had put it in the wrong package. Midway sent the 'correct' one based on the manufacturer's label. I called Midway and a customer service person worked with me and sent a replacement whose package matched the contents. I asked them what I should do with the first one they sent. They said I could just keep it cuz it didn't make sense to pay return shipping on a $35 dollar item. I re-labeled it and sold it at a gun show. It was nice they did this but they weren't obligated - I was waiting for the 'Sorry, but you'll have to contact the manufacturer'.

I know this doesn't equate with the value of the OP's firearm, but it's still customer service.

I am very glad Midway has decided to work with the OP - I hope everything works out and a perfectly functioning firearm is the result.

Flame Retardant Suit On:
This is not Midway's fault. This is Uberti's fault. I don't think it's right to go after any mail order house because they're not willing to hire a professional to check for blatant defects that the manufacturer's QC completely missed.

IMHO, if you are selling guns you should retain the services of a qualified gunsmith to inspect all firearms one sells. They can afford it, and it is the right thing to do.
Keep a smith on retainer and every time a new shipment comes in, go over the weapons received.

IMHO, if you are selling guns you should retain the services of a qualified gunsmith to inspect all firearms one sells. They can afford it, and it is the right thing to do.
Keep a smith on retainer and every time a new shipment comes in, go over the weapons received.
And when that 300.00 Italian repro costs 600.00 there would be another ten page gripe fest about how much they use to cost compared to the new price.

I am not knocking ANY OTHER Uberti channels of distribution when I say this ...and I am sure there are other Uberti distributors ..BUT

My first buy ..by accident was a Taylors distributed Uberti ...and It had a minor problem found in the first range session ..I called Taylors and NOT the mail order gun shop I bought it from ..

Taylors maintains on duty competent gunsmiths who when I explained the problem (yes an actual human to speak to) Knew instantly the problem/solution ..instant issue of a return shipping label occured and it went out the day of the conversation ..they turned around the corrected firearm in 2 days ..

I have bought Taylors issued Ubertis ever since ..I would not buy any mechanical thing that did not have parts and service as part of the deal

I am not boohooing anybody or their choice of brand or where they buy it! ..I just got lucky my first purchase was a Taylor/Uberti because I did not know (being new to BP revolvers) that these critters are not always as sound as the guns of old

But what I am trying to say is a Taylors shooter is a skoch higher than some other ways to buy (but not by much) ..but there is definitely parts, knowledge and support free of charge to their customers with guns under warranty wheather you bought it directly from them or one of their dealers

Also ..may I suggest you have your model and serial number ready should you have a reason/need to call them because the drift of the conversation was one of dedicated service either free under warranty or a cost of labor/parts out of warranty ..but it maybe they will only work on guns they have distributed That WAS NOT specifically stated but it was my take from the conversation ..so make your own case.

Also ..they sell more brands than Uberti ..such as Pietta.. but I cannot tell you about any but Uberti

This info a 50 cents may not buy you a cup of coffee ..offer void in some areas :cool:

BEAR
I just got an Pietta 1860 snub nose from Taylor. beautifully made but has undersize nipples just like a remington Pietta I got from cabelas. I talked to the guy at taylors for 10 minutes saying no 10 caps fall off. he says pinch them I said I will not. I told him I got replacement nipples from Trac of the wolf for the Remmy and the no 10 caps fit perfect. now I have to do it for this colt. he would not budge. so I have to get nipples from TOW. I wonder if anybody else has this problem with new piettas

Well well well.....
Turns out Midway will take it back.
They sent me some legalese to attempt to cork me off. I responded that legalese on a web site is scant protection from a law suit over selling an unsafe firearm.

They called me in 15 minutes of sending that email with detailed instructions of how they wanted it sent back to them.
I even am giving them a chance to send a different pistol. I don't want my money, or a sorry, I want a functional pistol.

I didn't want to go to gripe mode, but that is what it is there for.
you shoulda traded it for the pocket Remmy dont have to deal with the idiotic design of the wedge and arbor. at least your "sweetie" didnt have to worry about you shooting him with the defective gun lol

go get em! it seems that no matter what is involved today the standard response from any service is a cold shoulder!
glad you are getting it resolved. by the way Cynthialee do you have a Tc hawken flintlock and a Tc new Englander ?
the world trembles when a wronged woman is unleashed onto them lol

I had an 1873 black powder revolver on order for 14 months before they finally called me that one had come in. I bought an Uberti from Midway 4 months earlier.

I got an email from Taylors today (04.17.2022) that the conversion cylinders are on sale. Really good price compared to Kirst.
that is because with the Kirst you can leave the cylinder on the gun to unload and load cause it has a loading gate. also I think you can get an ejector rod set up from them

you shoulda traded it for the pocket Remmy dont have to deal with the idiotic design of the wedge and arbor. at least your "sweetie" didnt have to worry about you shooting him with the defective gun lol
I can't find any vendor with the Remington Pocket Pistols from Pietta. Everywhere is on back order. If I could'a got the Remington I wouldn't have bought a Colt. While I love the Colt open top design for all my larger revolvers, I really love the no trigger guard set up on the Remington pocket pistols.

Production guns, oh the pain, the pain
well you can spend from 1000-2000 dollars on a Colt 2nd generation pistol and sometimes they are not perfect. for around $400 for Italian replica is not bad at all. most need no work and if they do it is cheap easy fix. this womans problem is very rare and has to be sent back. but I have heard of Colts being sent back

Back