• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just got a brand new lemon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 10 or so reproduction black powder revolvers, from both Pietta and Uberti. I have never replaced the nipples on any of them. Remington #10s work great on all of them.
I have found the 44's use #11's and the 36's use #10's. YMMV
I have tried SlixShot nipples as lots of you all seem to think they are better than factory but I haven't seen any difference.
I have used TOTW also and am happy with them also.

Y'all crack me up !!! Lol
"10's" and "11's " as far as sizes go have nothing to do with anything except the sizes within the maker!! There's not any standard
#10 Remington's and #11 CCI's are basically the same. CCI #10's are so small, I don't know anything they fit. I have 300 of them and they don't fit anything that takes #10 Remington's (or anything else for that matter).
It's kinda like shoes . . . if you wear a size 10 of one make, you may need a 10 1/2 by another . . . or 9 1/2 . . .
So, a broad statement that 10's fit this and 11's fit that makes no sense (not without saying what brand the caps are)!!

Mike

Uberti 1849, NIB and the first new Uberti I ever sprung for. More of a second hand Pietta budget kinda gal. But I was flush, so I went for the new thing.
Nice pistol....except...the barrel and cylinder interface if off. The barrel has a gap up against the cylinder on the left side. I can fit a thin feeler gauge in the gap.....Barrel is off true and pointing a smidge off to the right. I can't shoot this thing. It is not a safe gun.

Not a happy camper. Hazzard of buying over the net. But how many black powder pocket pistols you gonna find in the local gun store? I shoulda got the used one in a case from a member here, but my sweetie was all 'get a new one for that price, you don't know what that older pistol has been through'. And I listened. grrrrr......

So how is Uberti about fixing issues like this?
That’ll teach you to listen to your sweetie… ;-)

I can understand it being aggravating and disappointing but I see no cause to poo poo on Midway, on the very page to purchase to pistol it states in two different places they will not accept returns, after your purchase and you receive your pistol Uberti is responsible for any warranty issues, I’d be contacting Uberti customer service asap if I had issues with a new gun.

View attachment 134281
@cynthialee gotta agree with Dave on this one. None of the big retailers will accept returns on firearms. Just the way it is. And it’s not hidden in fine print either.

@cynthialee gotta agree with Dave on this one. None of the big retailers will accept returns on firearms. Just the way it is. And it’s not hidden in fine print either.
well....they did take it back because I put up a stink

return policy is an internal rule that is as flexible as the manager on duty's tolerance to deal with BS from an angry woman

well....they did take it back because I put up a stink

return policy is an internal rule that is as flexible as the manager on duty's tolerance to deal with BS from an angry woman
They took it back as a courtesy to you, they didn’t have an obligation to, thumbs up to MidwayUSA, just got an order in from them last week, top notch company imho.

Back