• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Just finished deringer trade rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 34486

40 Cal
Reaction score
Funny story...I started living history in the 2SW over twenty years ago with a POS junkar caplock. When someone tried to "fix" it for me they broke the main spring so it sat like that for almost twenty years still being used for living history albeit as a prop. So maybe 5
IMG_20220530_174548.jpg
IMG_20220530_174422.jpg
IMG_20220530_174431.jpg
years ago I get it returned to me in deplorable shape but it wasn't worth squat. Rather than junk it, since the barrel was sound, I just decided to build off it, so there you have it. How better to continue it's service in 2SW living history than as a deringer? So that's what it is.

Last edited:
Thats beautiful! Wood and metal.
Are the 3 ovals barrel keys? Does it have keys and a hooked breech?

Funny story...I started living history in the 2SW over twenty years ago with a POS junkar caplock. When someone tried to "fix" it for me they broke the main spring so it sat like that for almost twenty years still being used for living history albeit as a prop. So maybe 5 View attachment 142145View attachment 142148View attachment 142149years ago I get it returned to me in deplorable shape but it wasn't worth squat. Rather than junk it, since the barrel was sound, I just decided to build off it, so there you have it. How better to continue it's service in 2SW living history than as a deringer? So that's what it is.
Geez, is this nice! Great pics, thanks.

You have a gorgeous rifle now. I like thumb pieces and have one on a rifle engraved with my initials. You went and built yourself a beautiful custom rifle.

Funny story...I started living history in the 2SW over twenty years ago with a POS junkar caplock. When someone tried to "fix" it for me they broke the main spring so it sat like that for almost twenty years still being used for living history albeit as a prop. So maybe 5 View attachment 142145View attachment 142148View attachment 142149years ago I get it returned to me in deplorable shape but it wasn't worth squat. Rather than junk it, since the barrel was sound, I just decided to build off it, so there you have it. How better to continue it's service in 2SW living history than as a deringer? So that's what it is.
What a great story and a beautiful outcome. Good ON you!

awesom
awsome

Back