Just finished deringer trade rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Beau Robbins

40 Cal
Reaction score
Funny story...I started living history in the 2SW over twenty years ago with a POS junkar caplock. When someone tried to "fix" it for me they broke the main spring so it sat like that for almost twenty years still being used for living history albeit as a prop. So maybe 5
IMG_20220530_174548.jpg
IMG_20220530_174422.jpg
IMG_20220530_174431.jpg
years ago I get it returned to me in deplorable shape but it wasn't worth squat. Rather than junk it, since the barrel was sound, I just decided to build off it, so there you have it. How better to continue it's service in 2SW living history than as a deringer? So that's what it is.

Last edited:

Youngblood

40 Cal
Reaction score
Thats beautiful! Wood and metal.
Are the 3 ovals barrel keys? Does it have keys and a hooked breech?

Reaction score
Funny story...I started living history in the 2SW over twenty years ago with a POS junkar caplock. When someone tried to "fix" it for me they broke the main spring so it sat like that for almost twenty years still being used for living history albeit as a prop. So maybe 5 View attachment 142145 View attachment 142148 View attachment 142149 years ago I get it returned to me in deplorable shape but it wasn't worth squat. Rather than junk it, since the barrel was sound, I just decided to build off it, so there you have it. How better to continue it's service in 2SW living history than as a deringer? So that's what it is.
Geez, is this nice! Great pics, thanks.

hanshi

Cannon
Reaction score
You have a gorgeous rifle now. I like thumb pieces and have one on a rifle engraved with my initials. You went and built yourself a beautiful custom rifle.

Reaction score
Funny story...I started living history in the 2SW over twenty years ago with a POS junkar caplock. When someone tried to "fix" it for me they broke the main spring so it sat like that for almost twenty years still being used for living history albeit as a prop. So maybe 5 View attachment 142145 View attachment 142148 View attachment 142149 years ago I get it returned to me in deplorable shape but it wasn't worth squat. Rather than junk it, since the barrel was sound, I just decided to build off it, so there you have it. How better to continue it's service in 2SW living history than as a deringer? So that's what it is.
What a great story and a beautiful outcome. Good ON you!

Reaction score
awesom
awsome