• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Just finished another shooting bag.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished up this bag for a friend. I did a weeping heart inlay and lined it with a dark brown canvas. It has two small inner compartments, the horn isn't that special and was one he had so I used it.
I think the next one I'll do will be with a cross of Loreen in blue with decorative wool welting.

Attachments

• IMGP0741 (2).JPG
    IMGP0741 (2).JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMGP0742.JPG
    IMGP0742.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMGP0743.JPG
    IMGP0743.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMGP0744.JPG
    IMGP0744.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMGP0745.JPG
    IMGP0745.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 93
Beautiful work!

I do have a question regarding the wear of this setup, where the horn hangs over the bag flap. As I am ALWAYS getting into my bag, I have my horn on a separate leash hanging higher than the bag. I realize the strap here is probably adjustable so that the horn can be higher, but to satisfy my curiosity, do you all out there that wear this style wear the horn low?

I construct the straps so that when you lift the flap on the bag the horn is folded up and behind the flap. This type of bag is just a personal preference for me when I grab my bag everything is right there. If you'll notice the two tongs on both sides of the bag those are attached to a capper and a powder measure and go through the cinch rings along with the horn straps. That way when your shooting a match you don't have to keep reaching into the bag for them, they just hang at the side.

My horns that I use are all on separate straps that allow the horn too rest on the top of the bag, this enables me too get in the bag without having too move the horn out of the way. I also have bags specific for each rifle and the smooth bore, all are set the same. The other thing is the bag, horn straps are made as too ride resting just a bit high on the upper part of my hip, right side carry.

Latest posts

Back