• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just bought my first rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum from Western North Carolina.

Do not underestimate the Traditions Deerhunter Flintlock. They have taken plenty of game over the years.

Do you happen to have a local mentor to help get you started? Not necessary, but would improve the learning curve.
I am young so I legally have to hunt with someone 18+ anyway. They don't have Flintlocks but I have some older friends who shoot muzzys. Iv been researching Flintlocks for weeks now and had previous knowledge on how they work too. I know enough to shoot safely but more experienced people will definitely be super helpful! That's why I hopped on here! Thanks for reaching out.

I don’t know what kind of flints they have, but I would suggest avoiding the cut or sawed type as they can be frustrating to use. Stick with the knapped type.
I think he has knapped but whatever the case I'm gonna get them because he's the only guy I can find that's sells them. Unless someone else can recommend a seller in Canada.

Easy. It's expensive but don't need a license (surprisingly) and there is 1 place 20 mins away from me that sells Goex. And then Cabela's does and 1 other place that actually sells flints which is amazing.
In 1984 or so that idiot Troodos tried to license flint locks . They needed a FA cert I know as the Ast' Curator at Glenbow Museum had a repro Bess I engraved the escution with an Owl , a family crest of Agnew apparently .Then followed years of ignored demands for registration till they gave it up as unworkable/ignored . But He's back at it again & I expect it will share the same response and provinces like Alberta that arn't dominated by city thinking clearly stand against more pointless registration & other curbs .Our rabid Left wing PM went to tell Trudo how she brought in all gun control measures . Huge ' Buy back' & pursues even more anti gun measures Net result utter contempt by shooters who where unconstitutionally deprived of owning semi autos of any sort but in 8 days rushed knee jerk hate in reaction to a shooting where & luny called Tarrent that the Gun clubs told the police was unstable . But the police ignored their own licensing laws gave Tarrent a license Quite wrongly. So Tarrent shoots 52 people ,at a Mosque . & 250,000 lawful gun owners got penalised . demonised. villified / & made scape goat for a crime they ' Might' be able to commit but never did . & now push for ever irksome & unfair anti gun laws. for good ? measure . They have had a series of' Justice Ministers' But we don't have justice just the dictats of a miserable left wing PM .& her minions . And one Police Commishoner comes on the News and says "We are rather disapointed that the Gangs havn't given up their guns as we had hoped ". What planet does He come from?? .The Same PM goes telling Harvard worthies how SHE fixed the gun problem while back home the gangs are doing a WW 3 like shoot ups . Some fix ! . She's bailing out , probably wants a job in the UN where she can do more anti gun damage . You got Bidonites we got a Left wing gripe .Canada has an idiot who calls the troops out to harass truck drivers . Neither could run a piss up in a brewery. This would be called ' Hate speech' in NZ ( free speech got lost along the way ), But it's not hate speech its utter contempt speech. We shooters do not blame the rank & file Police, many are gun owners rather its the politically influenced pawns in the Govt game currently at large in the land .I never had nor wanted nitro fire power all Ime into are antique, exempt even in Canada & here.

Trust a Left wing politician ,believe in fairies be about the same thing ..Sad but clearly true .
Regards Rudyard

Latest posts

Back