• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Just bought my first rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all! Just bought my first flintlock and am very exited to start hunting with it. Don't have a lot of extra cash lying around so I went with something cheaper it's a traditions deerhunter flintlock bit it'll do the job. I'm glad to be here and join the muzzleloading community.
Welcome to the forum from Western North Carolina.

Do not underestimate the Traditions Deerhunter Flintlock. They have taken plenty of game over the years.

Do you happen to have a local mentor to help get you started? Not necessary, but would improve the learning curve.

Hello all! Just bought my first flintlock and am very exited to start hunting with it. Don't have a lot of extra cash lying around so I went with something cheaper it's a traditions deerhunter flintlock bit it'll do the job. I'm glad to be here and join the muzzleloading community.
Welcome! I have to ask, how hard is it for you to get black powder?

Back