• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Just an intro...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Retired Ford worker, enjoying the good...and sometimes not so good...life in southern Tenn. Trying my hand at target shooting with "Front Stuffers" using a T/C Renegade in .54 cal, and a CVA Kentucky long rifle in .45 cal. . The T/C is carrying a Lyman 57SML peep sight with Lyman globe sight on the front. The CVA is fitted with a T/C Pennsylvania peep sight with a Lyman Globe upfront. Happy Holidays to everyone.

Welcome to the Forum! Southern Illinois is my home. I believe I live next to a couple nemesis of yours, a retired GM worker and a retired Chrysler worker...lol. Seriously though, my 1st rifle was a Jukar Kentucky and the 1st rifle with my own money was a .54 Renegade. Both can be good shooters with a little time and load development, good luck with yours!!!

I don't see em as THOSE guys, I see them as union brothers and sisters. I'm starting off with 50gr. of 3F and .54 cal Lee R.E.A.L. bullets. I'll post a pic of my target with the bull completely gone!! LOL, I'll keep you posted.

I picked up the T/C at a pawn shop for $39, had a scope on it, rusty on the surfaces, AND loaded!! Nursed it back to reasonable health, I'll light it up this Tuesday.

Attachments

• IMG_0987 (2).jpg
    IMG_0987 (2).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 57
Retired Ford worker, enjoying the good...and sometimes not so good...life in southern Tenn. Trying my hand at target shooting with "Front Stuffers" using a T/C Renegade in .54 cal, and a CVA Kentucky long rifle in .45 cal. . The T/C is carrying a Lyman 57SML peep sight with Lyman globe sight on the front. The CVA is fitted with a T/C Pennsylvania peep sight with a Lyman Globe upfront. Happy Holidays to everyone.
Join the Tennessee Muzzleloaders Facebook group and you'll find lots of other local shooters.

I picked up the T/C at a pawn shop for $39, had a scope on it, rusty on the surfaces, AND loaded!! Nursed it back to reasonable health, I'll light it up this Tuesday.
Welcome
You got a good deal, and yeah, it's not uncommon for a muzzleloader to be "loaded" at the pawn shop without anybody knowing...
That scope mount looks a bit "high". I know the previous person used "see through" mounts, but that's going to lift your face off the stock which = more perceived recoil.

LD

Back