• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just a little feedback on the basic cross-draw holster from Track.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried to wet-fit the holster, if you can actually get the pistol into the holster?
Soak the holster in warm water until the leather will stretch a bit, oil and wrap the pistol, and put it in the holster for a few days. When the leather dries, remove the pistol and unwrap, and maintain the pistol as needed.
The leather will probably be stiff, but light oil might loosen it up a bit. It might also be darker.
If you want the holster to fit a bit loose, wrap the pistol in a sock before wrapping it with plastic wrap.
Or, find one that is large enough, as confirmed by someone here, and buy it. :ghostly:

When I did the shaping of a small pocket holster I made for a small carry pistol, I put it in a thin zip lock bag to keep the moisture away from the gun while the leather set up.

After reading this I sent for one, its here now.
It has been seeping linseed oil. The barrel comes out wet.
But for a saw back, I can finish the finish.
Fit the 1860 like a glove. I have it standing up right to dry, with a white towel rolled thought the middle.

After reading this I sent for one, its here now.
It has been seeping linseed oil. The barrel comes out wet.
But for a saw back, I can finish the finish.
Fit the 1860 like a glove. I have it standing up right to dry, with a white towel rolled thought the middle.
I ended up doing a hot water wet fit for my Pietta 1860. Stiffened/hardened the leather up a bit and it fits the 1860 like a glove. I'll get something else for the 1858.

Latest posts

Back