• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Junk Shop Pietta Find Today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got this pistol today in a junk/pawn shop. Pietta .44 Navy pistol in the box. Got it for $60 out the door. Most of the the .44 is new but one interesting thing with the it. The barrel is the right type but is not the barrel that should be with the rest of the gun. It is an engraved barrel and the frame isn't. No engraving on the frame or cylinder. What is even more different is the barrel has a Kirst conversion ejector set up on it. The barrel shows slight use but not much. I looked up the Pietta Kirst ejector conversion and they sell for about $140. I could take it off the pistol and put the regular under barrel ball rammer back on (came with it). The only thing missing from the setup was the barrel wedge. Easy to get a new one of those. It also had a couple of other unrelated black powder pistol parts in the box. Brass rod and cast brass trigger guard. The brass rod is off one of those engraved snub nose percussion revolvers. Trigger guard is also from a pistol and is still not polished smooth. Pretty good find seeing the Kirst unit is worth twice what I paid for everything.

Attachments

• DSCN0071 (1).JPG
    DSCN0071 (1).JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCN0072.JPG
    DSCN0072.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN0073.JPG
    DSCN0073.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
The trigger guard is for a Remington. I'd keep going back, whoever is selling may have some more mixed parts and it looks like they don't know much about what they have.
I was wondering after I saw the Kirst set up if the cyclinder is around and they don't know what it is.

The trigger guard is for a Remington. I'd keep going back, whoever is selling may have some more mixed parts and it looks like they don't know much about what they have.
I thought at first it was a kit gun but all the finish on the metal and wood is factory. The brass is factory polish. The last kit I saw required buffing the brass as it was rough, bluing the metal, and finishing the grips. This is all appears to be factory finished.

Last edited:
Back