• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

JUNE Contest: Splitting Hare’s

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Moderator Emeritus In Remembrance
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Once again, more fun from ADUI:
------------------------------

Splitting Hare’s

Find your Target here: http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/20011.pdf

It was brought to my attention when I started doing these contests that there are some who might like to participate but for one reason or another cannot print the targets. So, in the interest of adding members I will make the following offer:

For so long as I am able, if you want to participate you can send me a self addressed and stamped envelope. I will print you a target using my black and white laser printer and send it to you in your envelope.

Anyone who wants to do this, needs to get the envelope to me early in the month so you will have time to shoot it and send it back.

I might point out though; the cost of that SASE is more than it would cost you to go to a public library and use their computer / printer. (Mine costs like 10 +/- cents a page.) Of course, sending me the SASE IS certainly more convenient; and I am happy to provide for so long as I can do so.

Rules:

Scoring will be as follows:

You are shooting the dot between the bunny ears.

Shots are to be taken off hand at 25 yards
Take 4 shots only.

Each shot placed between the Hare’s ears, without breaking the line of the ears or the head counts as 1 point

Highest score wins

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 4 holes will be disqualified.

You may print the generic target and fill it in with color as you wish so long as the target lines are still CLEARLY visible.

No do-over’s.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzle loading firearms (NO Cannons); Percussion or flintlock ignition. Cap and Ball revolvers are OK.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber; (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of the shot and the placement on the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

Mail your target postmarked by June 30th, 2018 to:

Terry Stephens
9043 E Butternut Ave
Mesa AZ 85208
"I hope to be at least half as good as my dog believes me to be." Unknown Author

Best regards;
Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a slightly different version of that target and really like putting it in the mix at the club. I have found that it can mess with our best shooters.

OK. So a total of 4 points possible.
No extra points for hitting the red dot?
I take it then that hits in the red dot would be tie-breakers?

I have one thought-suggestion: pre-arrange the date and time when you are going to announce the winners. Then we can all log in with a beer in hand waiting for the results.

Peep sights are a no-go? Could I participate with an asterisk ala Barry Bonds for the HR record? Doubt I'm a good enough shot to compete either way...

Black Jaque said:
OK. So a total of 4 points possible.
No extra points for hitting the red dot?
Yup
Black Jaque said:
I take it then that hits in the red dot would be tie-breakers?
Sounds like an idea!

Black Jaque said:
I have one thought-suggestion: pre-arrange the date and time when you are going to announce the winners. Then we can all log in with a beer in hand waiting for the results.
:rotf: If I could wait that long I might. I get that final target Im waiting for and I just hafta post em! :idunno: :hatsoff:

dsayer said:
Peep sights are a no-go? Could I participate with an asterisk ala Barry Bonds for the HR record? Doubt I'm a good enough shot to compete either way...
So dont compete, just shoot for the fun!! Thats what I do.. (ok ok, so I ALWAYS compete.. with myself.. Always lose too :redface: )

Just remember to send your target in anyway! :thumbsup:

Adui said:
dsayer said:
So dont compete, just shoot for the fun!! Thats what I do.. (ok ok, so I ALWAYS compete.. with myself.. Always lose too :redface: )

Just remember to send your target in anyway! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Well I've got a busy month coming up so I went and shot today. By my standards, I did quite well, so I'm happy. 4 in the red. I'd post a pic if it were reasonably easy.

Thanks Adui. Keep em coming.

Silky921 said:
Well I've got a busy month coming up so I went and shot today. By my standards, I did quite well, so I'm happy. 4 in the red. I'd post a pic if it were reasonably easy.

Thanks Adui. Keep em coming.
BOY, talk about putting the pressure on the rest of us.

Sorry if it sounded arrogant or like I was trying brag or something. A few times a year the stars align and I shoot better than my skillset.

Though I'm pretty sure my new to me pea shooter did most of the heavy lifting for me. Man I love that gun.

I dunno, 25 yards from a rest I'm sure you could. off hand.. That's some shootin'! :hatsoff:

Silky, he's right! 4 in the red you got's some rights to brag. That's better shooting than any of us on most days, so when I get that lucky I would brag too.

Silky921 said:
Sorry if it sounded arrogant or like I was trying brag or something. A few times a year the stars align and I shoot better than my skillset.

Though I'm pretty sure my new to me pea shooter did most of the heavy lifting for me. Man I love that gun.
Hey you have a right to brag, I am glad for you, I know what you mean, God only gives me a very few bragging days of shooting and when he does I let all shooting buddies know about it.

russellshaffer said:
I shot mine today - did good for me so I'm pleased. I never did claim to be a marksman. I was Air Force, not a Marine.
:thumbsup: I was Navy, and I used to call myself a marksman.

Lets just say I can still hit anything I can see with a properly sighted rifle. Just cant see much anymore :idunno:

Target's in the mail. I spend most of my time shooting my .62 Fusil Smoothbore and decided to shoot it exclusively up through next hunting season. So.. That's what I shot the rabbit ears with. Not a bad group but only one score.

Back