• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

June 2021 Postal Match- 6 Shots

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5B814269-2474-41E3-B835-E3987A3CD79D.jpeg
I assume I don’t need to mail this in?
I went for broke and that’s what I got!
TotW Bridger 1 1/8” to 1” tapered Rice .54 bbl
.535” ball, .022” spit patch, 70 gns 2f Olde Eynesford

.50 cal Hornady RB P.T. patch with T/C Bore butter, 60 grains of Goex FFF
T/C Hawken flintlock.
4 hits and two misses.

I didn't even try for the bottle caps. It was a spectacular day here in Indiana, early Saturday morning, warm temps, sunshine. Had the range to myself, as I watched smoke drift down the firing line.
I will hang on to the target, I want to try the pistol as well later this month. Will mail both then. If the pistol target is worthwhile. I have a CVA Kentucky pistol, my Dad assembled from a kit. It does have sights, but I'm less then convinced I can hit anything with it. We shall see.

View attachment 80215
Well it turns out my pistol target was a bust. I fired 6 shots with the CVA pistol. 3 out and out misses, and 3 landed on the paper but did not score. Won't be sending it. I will get my rifle target in the mail.

i might send this one in. after shooting my Mortimer 20-30 times every day for the last few weeks i can actually hit something.
still have a bad follow through. getting where i don't even see the pan flash though.
i was slightly distracted by a neighbor. she was in love with a mineral block.
just stood there through the whole session.

Attachments

• 20210616_114817.jpg
    20210616_114817.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 20210616_111428_resized.jpg
    20210616_111428_resized.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 106
Good Shootin' Deerstalker!
Im a bit affraid to shoot my harpers ferry pistol at this....if I do it I'll have to tell y'all about it..... oh well, someone has got to bring up the bottom of this pistol scorecard and as the host it might as well be me!

Hope everyone is staying cool in this heatwave!

Chris

Our local club is sponsoring the State Summer Shot this weekend so I was able to get in a of practice this afternoon. I took last month's and this month's Muzzleloading targets. Here's this month's target. It's a bit more difficult than the May target was. Based on the results today, I should do okay competing tomorrow. Even though it won't place in the top five I'll drop it in the mail Monday.

.50 TC Renegade, 1:48 w/Deer Stalker trigger set. - .495 self cast w/Lyman double cavity mould. 45 gr. Olde Eynsford 3f, .015 w/ moose milk lube.

Attachments

• June 2021.jpg
    June 2021.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I attempted to my pistol target today, loading for my second warm up shot my factory ramrod split right thru a knot, great wood choice pedersoli! I didnt have a range rod with me because I only planned on firing off 8 or 10 shots and heading back to the air conditioning. I tried a 3rd shot with a .570 bare ball and missed the 24" 25 yard gong about a foot high and left so packed it up in defeat. On a better note, this was the first time my kit built Harpers Ferry has fired 3 shots in a row without a misfire.

Chris

Yes, it was difficult to see without adding color. Here's mine, but I am disqualifying myself as I shot from a rest. Why? Because my offhand "results" were so bad, I thought something was wrong with the rifle. The bench rest told me otherwise (and that I suck! LOL).

The particulars: Lyman .50cal. cap lock GPR with a .4885" home cast RB (Lyman mould) + 50gr. Goex FFg + .018" pillow ticking patch. Caps were Rem. #11 magnums and lube was 1 Ballistol : 6 water.

Attachments

• IMG_6419.jpeg
    IMG_6419.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 62
Back