• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

June 2020 Postal Match – 5 Bullseye

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Welcome to our June 2020 postal match ladies & gentleman!

I would like to thank Adui (Terry) for spear heading these monthly postal matches. They are a great way to keep the hobby alive through hands on shooting experience with a little competitiveness thrown in. Adui has decided to step down as booshway. He has graciously handed the baton to me in hopes of keeping the the Monthly Postal Match going. Let's get the Summer, post COVID, shoot started.

Grab your target by clicking the link below and write your forum screen name on the front of your target as soon as you print it!

June 2020 5 Bullseye Target

Fire one shot at each bullseye, 5 shots total.
The shooting distance for this contest is 25 yards.
No do-over’s.
Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzle loading firearms; peeps are allowed under the condition you mark your target so I know you used a peep. (Tracking it) NO Cannons. Percussion, flintlock or matchlock ignition only. Cap and Ball revolvers are OK.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots shall be taken off-hand at the stated distance. Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso. In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle.

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scan, etc.

*New Rule!!*
Overseas participants may scan and e-mail me. Just send me a PM through the forum and attache it or I'll give you my e-mail address. As long as I can CLEARLY make the target out I'll accept it.** (I recommend using a dark backing paper when you scan / copy it if possible so that the holes show clearly)

Scoring will be as follows:

X (inner black circle) = 3 points
Outer black ring = 2 points
Inside outer ring = 1 point
Miss the outer ring = -1 point (1 point deducted from cumulative score)

How close is close enough? Over half the ball must penetrate inside the scoring ring to be counted at the highest value. In other words, the ring in which the majority of the ball hits the target will be the score value. The center of the shot placement on the target will be determined by the judge. Judges decisions are final.

Fire 5 shots only, misses count! Mutilated targets or targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified. If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact me.

Mail your target, postmarked no later than June 30th, to:
Marc Smith
1900 Parkway Drive
Casper, WY 82609
Attn: June Target

If you don’t mind sharing I would also like to know what you’re shooting. Include type of firearm, caliber, ball diameter, patch thickness, lube, powder type and grains used, barrel length and twist rate. This isn’t required I’m just the curious sort. :)

Thanks for shooting and Godspeed ladies & gentleman!!
MSmith

Last edited:
Yes thanks to Terry and now we welcome Marc our new Booshway. Hopefully I will get my shooting in this month as we are headed to our cabin in Vermont and I can shoot from my deck. Of course assuming they let me into the state with NY plates. May need a sign on the Silverado that says not from NYC. :ghostly::oops::rolleyes:

Dave

I took a trip to one of my shootin spots yesterday to take a shot at this months target. I've got to say, it's shooting like I did yesterday that makes me glad I'm not eligible to enter the monthly shoot. I took 3 practice/fouling shots before posting the 5 Bullseye target. They were pretty good so I felt I would do well so I posted up and went to shootin. When all said and done I scored a -2, Yep, negative 2!

I've Attached my target for all to see and to say, don't be bashful... go shoot, have fun and send in your finished product. I doubt it'll be worse than mine.

I was shooting a CVA .45 Kentucky caplock with 1:66 twist that I purchased and refurbished. It was a very poorly put together kit gun when I got it. It looks a little better now. On a good day she's a pretty good shooter but you wouldn't know it by this target. :)

I was shooting .445 balls, .015 wet lubed patch over 45 grains of Goex 3f. I did make the mistake of posting the target on a white background backer board. :doh:

I would suggest posting these monthly targets on a dark target board.

Attachments

• June 2020 5 Bullseye.pdf
    487.6 KB · Views: 286
This might be my last, Getting too hot and humid to shoot. My ,32 cal. started to acted up (didn't what to go boom). So i finished with my .58. Humid weather and black powder don't work to well.

Fired mine today, but was too ashamed of my results to mail them in: It was very difficult for me to see that tiny center ring...and my "scores" confirmed it.
I feel your pain! Did you see mine that I posted above? I think it's the first time I had a negative score. Who knows a negative score just might win this months shoot. Send me your target. :)

I'm hopeful for the weekend. Or next.
My neighbors daughter came home from college in the covid shutdown..........with her horses. The horses pasture behind my backstop.
I have too much work right now to shoot weekdays. I have to wait for a morning on weekends before the horses show up.
And I don't want to rock their boat over shooting as they give me access to hundreds of acres to hunt on.
Gotta pick my battles. At least I never have to deal with range rules. :p

Latest posts

Back